Parents JO Vacation/attendance policy?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ya know, maybe it's better if the OP realizes now that she's in a gym that is more concerned about being a super gymnast instead of being a well-rounded and happy child with the ability to be a great gymnast and have happy child/family (if that's truly the case). It's made me very aware that there are some gyms/coaches that are more concerned about being a gymnast and nothing else should matter. I wouldn't want my child at a gym like that so knowing ahead of time would be a great thing. Commitment is one thing, denying doing anything besides living/breathing gymnastics is another and that's the impression I'm getting from one poster. I don't think any parent is complaining about their child's placement. My kid was out of gym for 2 weeks after level 5. She believes she could have been a 7 the following season but competed 6 because of the time off. Neither she or I complained and neither of us would have made a different choice.
This is what I am saying. If a gym has rules about no time off. Don’t complain and don’t take time off.

I am so greatful to be lucky enough to be raised around true sportsmanship with the sport. Before all the politicalness and wingey parents. To be a child and not only watch but to be apart of what this sport calls history. Utterly upsets me when parents are asking if time off is an issue. Nadia worked her *** off to be where she

she came back and trained after 6 weeks. She didn’t miss out during a competition season. She took time off and came back to train her *** off. Do you not see that it is disgusting to think a parent should be ok about taking their
Gymnast out of training and expect their child
To be chosen over another for whatever reason.
Of course she came back and worked her butt off- she does that regardless of how much she misses. In the US, no one competes in the summer. That means that all of the breaks you’re rallying against aren’t in comp season. All of them.

This is what I am saying. If a gym has rules about no time off. Don’t complain and don’t take time off.
If you sign up to be apart of a cente you read and understand all their rules and regulations. You wouldn’t go behind their backs and take photos in the gym if it has a privacy policy so don’t go behind their back and take time off if the gym says not to

Of course she came back and worked her butt off- she does that regardless of how much she misses. In the US, no one competes in the summer. That means that all of the breaks you’re rallying against aren’t in comp season. All of them.
This is what I am trying to say op said they are going away during July when all routines are learnt. Why go away during such a specific time. If you take time off and u want to succeed in the sport don’t do it during specific times

OP started this post to ask if her gym’s attendence policy is normal. She has gotten feedback from many on the topic.
I agree. If a gym is stating attendance is mandatory. It’s mandatory. Don’t make up your own rules. If you don’t like it. Change gyms. Or don’t be upset if you get penalised because you took time off when they asked you not to

M

Maybe spend the year becoming a coach and see how you feel when you get complaints about this
If that's how you run your gym, fine, but I think based on the hard core opinion you seem to have, I wouldn't necessarily think it's an environment I would want for my child nor would I recommend it for anyone else. Seeing children AS children is important. Like it's been stated a dozen times before, the OP isn't talking about pulling their kid during competition season.

And more. I think the OP has the answer they were looking for and the rest of this smells like a troll.
Not a troll just completely pissed off hearing the selfish parents who think their kids are priveledged and better than others

If that's how you run your gym, fine, but I think based on the hard core opinion you seem to have, I wouldn't necessarily think it's an environment I would want for my child nor would I recommend it for anyone else. Seeing children AS children is important. Like it's been stated a dozen times before, the OP isn't talking about pulling their kid during competition season.
That’s fine but going into a gym which has rules about training and not having time off. Don’t be stupid. U don’t like their ideals. Choose another gym

Wh
Good point. I have let this get under my skin far too much for a Saturday morning!
Why let it get under your skin ops asking if it’s wrong to have time off when their gym doesn’t want them too. Simple answer. The gym asks you not to. You do it. They don’t like it. Change gyms

Ops asking about time off. If a gyms asked for gymnasts not to take time off. Don’t be a ***** and do what you want. Change gyms that allow it

Not a troll just completely pissed off hearing the selfish parents who think their kids are priveledged and better than others
Oh come on, you can’t possibly even be serious at this point. Not one person on this thread (or most threads) thinks their kids are either of these things. You sound really bitter. Honestly. Maybe you’re in the wrong business at this point if you harbor such negativity towards the kids and their parents that make this sport a big thing in this country, because gyms are not filled with Simones, they’re filled with little KIDS who think gymnastics is awesome.

Wh
Actually she wasn’t asking that at all. She just wanted to know if the gyms policy was common.
who cares if it is or not. If that’s their policy that’s their policy. You don’t like it change gyms

Reactions: sce
G
Oh come on, you can’t possibly even be serious at this point. Not one person on this thread (or most threads) thinks their kids are either of these things. You sound really bitter. Honestly. Maybe you’re in the wrong business at this point if you harbor such negativity towards the kids and their parents that make this sport a big thing in this country, because gyms are not filled with Simones, they’re filled with little KIDS who think gymnastics is awesome

Not saying they are. But gymnastics now days is filled with parents who think there priveladged and can argue with the rules a gym has set up. You don’t like it. Leave

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back