Parents JO Vacation/attendance policy?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ya know, if a gym has their schedule set up where they teach routines at a specific time each year, I understand them asking kids to not miss during this time. I feel like it’s similar to an all-star cheer team that does choreography during a set time frame and asks for 100% attendance. We host a meet each year and ask each team member helps. We always have new members that have something else scheduled and I completely understand. They didn’t know and we work with them. From here on out, if they chose this gym and team then yes, you know the expectation and have the choice to stay on that team or go elsewhere. I just hope for each child, if it’s truly a “you better never miss gym” atmosphere that they grow up and have no regrets looking back.

If
Please send me her scores when you get them because after 48 years of experience and not one but two centres that have been thriving I would be interested to see the one. Wait no second. Time I have been wrong
it is only experience that I speak from. And all I have been trying to state is the experience I have. If u take time off with gymnastics. You do not have the time to continue to grow and succeed. In this case it is not just a one off but a yearly occurance. So by experience I am saying if u want to take time off. Don’t take it out on the coaches

Ya know, if a gym has their schedule set up where they teach routines at a specific time each year, I understand them asking kids to not miss during this time. I feel like it’s similar to an all-star cheer team that does choreography during a set time frame and asks for 100% attendance. We host a meet each year and ask each team member helps. We always have new members that have something else scheduled and I completely understand. They didn’t know and we work with them. From here on out, if they chose this gym and team then yes, you know the expectation and have the choice to stay on that team or go elsewhere. I just hope for each child, if it’s truly a “you better never miss gym” atmosphere that they grow up and have no regrets looking back.
See this person. Talks sense

Le
What exactly would you learn from this?
level 9 is serious so it would be good to see how much time she has actually had off during
Competition season and the scores she scored
This season and the scores she has scored during
A time when she was not away. Have you looked at this

This is getting uncomfortable; why would you possibly be interested in knowing other girls' scores?
Because she is stating it has no difference if she takes her dd on holidays or not during competition season. What I am saying is prove it because I have 48 years of experience under my belt and I have never known or a gymnast who achieves more from taking 2.5 weeks off from the sport

Show me the start scores from each level she competed and then show me that she achieved more or even the same amount score when she was Away for almost three weeks during a skill or competitive season compared to what she had learnt during that time. U can’t. Because u cannot comprehend the skills and muscle memory lost during a 2.5 week period of missing gymnastics

Because she is stating it has no difference if she takes her dd on holidays or not during competition season. What I am saying is prove it because I have 48 years of experience under my belt and I have never known or a gymnast who achieves more from taking 2.5 weeks off from the sport

Yes, but she is not looking for advice.
The OP was looking for information about a program that her not even lv 4 dd may join. I (and most people on this thread) would not change a vacation for a team my dd is not even on yet. My gym would never require this either. We are not talking about elite/Olympics, etc. here.

The OP was looking for information about a program that her not even lv 4 dd may join. I (and most people on this thread) would not change a vacation for a team my dd is not even on yet. My gym would never require this either. We are not talking about elite/Olympics, etc. here.
If a gym states they do not allow gymnasts to take time off during a specific time. Don’t expect them to be happy if u do. If u don’t like it. Find another gym

T
there is a reason why they do it. so don’t come on here complaining to other parents who don’t understand why the gym has such strict rules. They do. You either abide by them or you get upset and find another gym. There’s a reason why gyms have rules and it may be because of their own logic or not. You don’t like it. There’s other gyms out there. If you’re looking for advice.

If a gym has rules you don’t like don’t be there if you can’t Abide by them

Please send me her scores when you get them because after 48 years of experience and not one but two centres that have been thriving I would be interested to see the one. Wait no second. Time I have been wrong
WTF do scores have to do with anything? There are plenty of gymnasts who never take time off and don’t score well and plenty who take time off who score very very well. You’re so out line asking for other people’s kid’s scores.

WTF do scores have to do with anything? There are plenty of gymnasts who never take time off and don’t score well and plenty who take time off who score very very well. You’re so out line asking for other people’s kid’s scores.
Would just be interesting to see the scores the dd has when she didn’t take off compare to her scores when she did take time off. Especially if ur the parent is stating it doesn’t make a difference.

I’d like to see her dds average scoring when she was not taking time off compared to her scores when she did. I believe. From years of experience. She can’t winge and say time off means nothing because I guarantee time off from the gym means a lot

I just want to make it clear- 1- OP isn’t talking during competition season. 2 - she had no way of planning around this as plans were in place before the opportunity for team came around. 3- treating all gymnasts like they’re going to the olympics qualifies under crazy gym parent and/or crazy coach IMO! There are many skills to get through between Level 4 and Elite. 5 - finding balance is a much healthier way to live.
And just to throw this out there- we had a Level 9 gymnast quit for a year. She came back after a full 15 months away from gym. Competed Level 9 AND is going to JO Easterns. She just has that natural ability. Something I truly think anyone that is an Elite athlete will also have. They’re just different and my kid could be at gym for every practice and never ever get there because her genetics just aren’t the same.

What happens if a gymnast who takes not taking time off seriously gets to be on a team. Where the coaches choose that gymnast over urs because they have been at every session and worked their heart out. Even though ur gymnast has the skills. That gymnast gets picked. Would you get upset.

What an odd question, would I get upset that a gymnast is being placed at their correct level? No, I wouldn't.

That taking time off between when you said did affect her scoring And even to see her starting score. Will allow me to see where she is at

Er, what? I never said that she takes time off during competition season. Unless injured or sick she is in the gym. Re-read my posts.

I
What an odd question, would I get upset that a gymnast is being placed at their correct level? No, I wouldn't.
I feel like no parents understand the actually commitment and hard work goes into the coaching staff. Every parent on here is happy to complain that the coaches don’t have their gymnasts best interest at heart. As Nadia’s god daughter and To call svetlana my “aunt” who isn’t my aunt but family friend you should all be disappointed in yourselves to try and understand a coaches aspect

F2B5CE9E-36F8-4259-BEE7-CB1BD126FD09.png
3B645E33-C866-4301-8AD4-D0BEB384E5E1.jpeg
Here’s a bit of comparison for you- consecutive seasons. First photo is when DD went to a punishing 7 day a week, don’t take time off, don’t get sick, work while injured abuse factory. Second photo is new gym, after she missed six weeks and came back to a relaxed 4 day a week gym- that understands that life and school have important commitments too. She competed completely different skills for each pictures- totally different. No, my child isn’t going “places” in gym, but this specific comparison speaks for itself.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back