WAG Joining squad?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm hoping to join one of the squads at my gym... But there is a massive wait list and to even get on that wait list... You have to be tested!

I really want to be tested to go on the wait list but I have no idea what they will test me on!

Anyone have any ideas? Will it be things like
'can you do the splits?'
'how many chin ups can you do on the bar?'
'can you do leg lifts on the bar?'
'can you do a back walkover on floor?'

Thanks for any advice!!!

I'm hoping to join one of the squads at my gym... But there is a massive wait list and to even get on that wait list... You have to be tested!

I really want to be tested to go on the wait list but I have no idea what they will test me on!

Anyone have any ideas? Will it be things like
'can you do the splits?'
'how many chin ups can you do on the bar?'
'can you do leg lifts on the bar?'
'can you do a back walkover on floor?'

Thanks for any advice!!!
The only way to know what skills are tested is to ask your coach.

quiet possibly !

each gym have their own criteria.

what does your squad compete? is it Levels ? Within County ? National or regional grades ?

Only your coaches will be able to tell you what is needed

Not sure entirely what they compete, they have a squad of elites, a squad of in age competitors and squads of out of age competitors. They have gymnasts in regional, county and national squads including 1 in the gb juniors squad.

i am in need of an interpreter please...:)

pop the cricket on Dunno, might be easier to understand than British gymnastics ! ( the only game that can be in the 5th day of the match and when asked whose winning the answer is "too close to call")

jesstshearerratt - sounds like levels.

How old are you ? If I assume that you are 13 (minimum age for a chalkbucket account) and are currently not competing, and your club has national level athletes you may struggle getting into a squad.

The lowest level is level 5 - I will message you the list of skills needed for level 5 and grade 14 and that may give you an idea of what they may be looking for, however the best way is to talk to your coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back