Parents Jordan 1st level 8 meet Texas Prime

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kevchriswilli

Proud Parent
YouTube - Jordan Williams Texas Prime Level 8

What a competition! So many great young gymnasts in our area!!! Jordan ended up in Jr A group. 1st up floor......needs a little more height and dance! (someone please teach my kid how to dance!!!lol) scored a 9.325 good for 8th place. 2nd event vault(one of her favorites) 1st time she landed a little short 2nd time fell on her rear! scored 9.025 good for 5th place. Next up was Bars (another favorite) didn't hit her handstand a couple of times and took a step but looked really nice! Scored 9.475 good for 5th place. Last came beam (did much better than I thought) Looked beautiful except for a couple of balance checks! scored 9.475 good for 4th! AA scored 37.275 5th place. This is going to be such a tough year! Thank you guys for all the support!!!

Oh and I must say.. I didn't seem as nervous today as previous years except for beam and I could feel my heart pounding!!! LOL

Chris (proud momma) !!! :)

Wow - she looks so polished! I have seen level 9 routines not as nice. She is going to do awesome this season! Her bars are really beautiful.

What beautiful routines, she is so polished. I was so impressed with her beam routine such a change from the usual. Her yurchenko was really great, were there many girls performing them at the meet?

I know Texas is a strong gym state and that this Texas Prome meet attracts the big gyms, but those scores are amazing and she is so talented.

She also looks like a happy camper, which makes it even better!

Last edited:
Wow! She is amazing! My L8 daughter would be thrilled with those scores (Actually, she'd be thrilled to stand up even one of her vaults at a meet-lol!)

thanks bog! She is really loving it right now! I would say about 50/50 on the yurchenkos.... some looked kind of scary! :)

It is so funny to find you on Chalk Bucket. My 4 year old has been watching Jordan's videos for over a year and a half now. Jordan did awesome! Her vault is amazing!

Just lovely! Amazing scores and placements. She really is a beautiful gymnast, very polished, just great gymnastics. Good luck to her this season!!!

I have to laugh at mariposa's comment! We were so looking forward to Texas next month in hopes that dd would experience "Texas" scoring!:p Bummer she won't be able see how she would of scored, but hopefully her teammates can experience it!

kevchriswilli - will you dd be at WOGA Classic in Feb?

Just lovely! Amazing scores and placements. She really is a beautiful gymnast, very polished, just great gymnastics. Good luck to her this season!!!

She looks great! Her leaps and jumps are just amazing. Congrats to Jordan on a fantastic first Level 8 meet. The competition in Texas is just fierce!

Meg

I have to laugh at mariposa's comment! We were so looking forward to Texas next month in hopes that dd would experience "Texas" scoring!:p Bummer she won't be able see how she would of scored, but hopefully her teammates can experience it!

kevchriswilli - will you dd be at WOGA Classic in Feb?

Yes we will be at the WOGA Classic... "Laugh" what did you mean? didn't quite understand??? From experience the girls at our gym did get basically the same scores at other out of state meets (Florida and California)

Awesome scores, beautiful routines! Great way to start off her first L8 meet. I am sure there will be many more to come like this. Keep us posted!

Absolutely no disrespect at all. There are so many good gymnasts in Texas that the scoring is usually very high. I have a few friends whose dd's are in Texas and they have said to me that Texas scores a little higher than other states. I was going off of what they said no other factors. :eek: Is your dd in Gym A or C?

Her video is great, hard to believe it was her first L8 meet. She is very strong and solid, she will have an amazing year!

Yes we will be at the WOGA Classic... "Laugh" what did you mean? didn't quite understand??? From experience the girls at our gym did get basically the same scores at other out of state meets (Florida and California)

Last edited:
Absolutely no disrespect at all. There are so many good gymnasts in Texas that the scoring is usually very high. I have a few friends whose dd's are in Texas and they have said to me that Texas scores a little higher than other states. I was going off of what they said no other factors. :eek: Is your dd in Gym A or C?

Her video is great, hard to believe it was her first L8 meet. She is very strong and solid, she will have an amazing year!

GS,
Thanks for replying,, I was a little confused! That's why text is so hard to comprehend. If you track the higher scores.. most of the time they come from top gyms that produce many elite and national gymnasts. I have found that the lower levels do score quite high... but optional (except for a few) are not nearly as high. North Texas seems to even be higher than South(as far as compulsory's, optional is all new to us). (I don't know the difference but when we went to state, they use the same judges in both the south and north and from experience J scored around the same) We actually came from the mid west a few years back and had a hard time adjusting because of the insanely amount of hours these girls do, which could be the indicator of scores? who knows I could guess all day. There is always a difference in scoring in different judges, one picks on some issues and the other something else. As long as it's fair across the board I have no complaint. :)

I believe we are in Gym A. Which gym are you in?

Chris

You know, everything is bigger is Texas!!;);)

Great meet, congrats to your dd.

You know, everything is bigger is Texas!!;);)

Great meet, congrats to your dd.

We are not really from Texas.. only been here a few years...lol. but what I have found out in "all" sports down here... you most likely have to start when you start walking to compete around here. They take their sports serious!!! :p

Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back