WAG Judge a routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Also not a judge/acquainted with ins and outs of JO requirements - but can find general improvements!

What stood out to me was:
Floor:
1. The switch split didn't seem to hit 180º
2. Too much power in the tumbling led to bigger "finishes" that looked a little out of control (small "hop" movements - especially in the full).
3. Her tuck jump full MAY be under-rotated, I couldn't tell for sure.
4. Her 3/2 turn was under-rotated.
Beam:
1. Very bent knees on the BHS-BHS
2. Split jump not to 180º
3. In a leap, the back leg height should match the front leg height... her back leg is very low.
4. Slight pike on the layout dismount.
5. Wobbles throughout... should already know that one, lol.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: sce
Everything raenndrops says, and
1. Her beam mount isn't in the code. This is a deduction in elite, not sure it is in USAG
2. She waits quite long before she goes for something. This is also a deduction in elite, not sure it is in JO
3. Couldn't really see this, but her facials have to match her music and movements (also elite, not sure about JO)

Everything raenndrops says, and
1. Her beam mount isn't in the code. This is a deduction in elite, not sure it is in USAG
2. She waits quite long before she goes for something. This is also a deduction in elite, not sure it is in JO
3. Couldn't really see this, but her facials have to match her music and movements (also elite, not sure about JO)
1. Not a deduction in USAG JO.
2. As long as it is not too long (2 seconds or more), it should be fine... I like to limit pauses to 1 second or less.
3. Facials are nice, but not really a specific deduction if they don't match. Might be part of "Artistry" but so is everything else.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back