WAG Judges, Coaches: Is this in the COP and what value?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

giphy.gif

Thanks. I think it's called toe on bail, but i'm not sure. Also, obviously with like good form.

Can't specifically find this combination in the FIG CoP 2017-2020.

But the bail to finish on the low bar in handstand is in there as a D value (.4 difficulty) so would be downgraded to a C value (.3 difficulty) if the judges could clearly see you not hit near handstand.

Hope that helps :)

Can't specifically find this combination in the FIG CoP 2017-2020.

But the bail to finish on the low bar in handstand is in there as a D value (.4 difficulty) so would be downgraded to a C value (.3 difficulty) if the judges could clearly see you not hit near handstand.

Hope that helps :)
Thank you! Would I have to get it evaluated to compete it? Like fill out the form...

Pretty sure a bail that does not start or end in a handstand is a B, so I imagine this would credited as the same.
I don't have a JO code at home with me, but I do know this specific variation is in the high school code. I think most judges would recognize and know what to do with it.

I'm not sure, as I was looking at the International CoP for elite gymnastics because I don't have the JO one because I am in the UK

It's in the JO code(group 3) toe on to bail, it's valued just like the "regular " swing to bail - below handstand to below handstand is B, either from or to handstand is C, from and to handstand is D.
Awesome! So, theoretically I could do handstand, step down, bail, and it'd be a C?

You do some cool stuff, Sarah!
Thanks :D Why do cookie cutter routines when you can do this stuff?

Unfortunately I don't think the combination Handstand, Toe on/step down into Bail wouldn't work to receive a C.

To receive a C for a bail I think you either have to go directly from Handstand into the bail (missing the toe on basically) or do the toe on and land in Handstand on the low bar.

You should make a video of some of your favourite unique skills, Sarah, I'd really love to see them!

You should make a video of some of your favourite unique skills, Sarah, I'd really love to see them!
I feel like I'd have to keep adding to it ;) Maybe I could make a post on chalkbucket and add gifs of the skills to it. Then if someone else found an awesome skill they could add to it too. :) But who knows, maybe someday I will make a video. I bet it'd be like 20 minutes long.

Here you go. And if you add another twist, it's an E. Wouldn't put that past you Sarah!;)

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-31_13-59-47.png
    upload_2017-1-31_13-59-47.png
    934.9 KB · Views: 38

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back