WAG Judges, Somebody... Level 7 Beam Turn question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok. One of our Level 7s wants to do a pivot left, pivot right in tuck stand. She wants to know if it is an A or B. I looked and can't find anything remotely similar in the code of points. She has a meet Saturday and needs to know if this will satisfy the B skill in case she falls on her jump 3/4.
Thanks.

As long as she doesn't totally miss the beam on the jump 3/4, she'll get credit for that B even with a fall.

I am a pseudo-coach (currently unpaid until my contract gets approved and I coach from the bench). I am the one the girls AND the coaches go to if they don't know something. I have been at the gym for 7 years. I help with choreography and technical aspects.
Her biggest problem with her jump 3/4 is that she sometimes goes too far and it is so close to a full turn that she gets credit for a C - major deduction for illegal skill (and a deduction for not quite getting all the way around) ... and no B - so she gets triple deducted.
She is trying to come up with another B that she can throw in to cover her bases.

Her biggest problem with her jump 3/4 is that she sometimes goes too far and it is so close to a full turn.

Spot the 1/2...not the full. She won't be able to turn too far if her head doesn't go.

I'm extremely confused about this routine construction. Replace the tuck 3/4 completely with a split jump and make your life a lot easier. I would recommend that your gym bring in a judge to advise you on routine construction.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back