WAG Judging Attire

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Anyone have any suggestions for what to wear judging when we were told we do not need to wear our uniform, because it is just a fun meet. We were only told we can dress casual, but keep it professional (not too much skin). Any suggestions, even if your not a judge.
Keep in mind that I have your typical teenage girl wardrobe, nothing super professional included.

Kakkis or black pants and a solid colored shirt would work great.

That would be perfect, however the only pants I own are jeans, leggings, yoga pants and summery skirts. I have a feeling I will be stuck in my judging skirt.

I don't wear uniform when judging novice comps (rec) and schools comps. Usually at these I wear tidy track pants and a polo shirt.

The requirements - casual but professional - sound contradictory to me. If it is just 'not too much skin', then jeans or yoga pants with a sporty but non-skimpy top would probably be okay.

That would be perfect, however the only pants I own are jeans, leggings, yoga pants and summery skirts. I have a feeling I will be stuck in my judging skirt.

Not ripped jeans with a botton down, collared shirt or a sweater. Even if it is a fun meet, you want to be taken seriously. How about something you'd wear to a nice restaurant or church if you go to church?

Do yourself a favor and go buy yourself a nice pair of black pants. They are a staple, and useful in so many situations (banquet, holidays, church, etc). You'll be comfortable that day and ready if it ever happens again! :)

Anyone have any suggestions for what to wear judging when we were told we do not need to wear our uniform, because it is just a fun meet. We were only told we can dress casual, but keep it professional (not too much skin). Any suggestions, even if your not a judge.
Keep in mind that I have your typical teenage girl wardrobe, nothing super professional included.
I'd go with your black yoga pants and a neat shirt....if you have any athletic type shirt (UnderArmour, Nike etc) I think that would be fine. Plus, wear clean sneakers. If the meet has a theme as many do, maybe a shirt to match the theme (Hawaiian print, red for Valentine's (well, that's over), Mardi Gras, Green for St Patricks...) those are some of the upcoming or just completed theme meets here....At some of those meets, all the judges are told to dress for the theme and I think the girls like it!

If you don't have a pair of good black jeans then I agree it would be a nice thing to add to your wardrobe.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back