Parents Juju's Christmas Show & Tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Christmas has come and gone and while things have settled down a bit we are getting ready to get into our busy meet season. In my last meet update I mentioned the Christmas Shows and some of Lilly's tumbling she has been working on. Well, I finally got around to doing the montage and have it posted.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jlewis219#p/a/u/0/UdIYHIDOvls

Show week is insane as they have to continue regular practice since we are in the middle of competition season. Lil normally does 10 hours as a level 4 and on show week I calculated about 25 hours of gym time over Monday - Saturday. An absolutely crazy schedule for a first grader but she loves every minute of being able to get out and perform for the crowd.

She has not gotten to practice tumbling much since this summer but she sure knocks my socks off. I can't wait to see where she is able to get over the summer even though I worry that she will be limited since she will have to prepare for Level 5 and learn all the routines. We are in no rush and at this point her coach does not plan to push her through the levels too fast. Our main goal is to make sure she is having fun!

As you will see if you watch the video, she is doing pretty good with her ROBHSBT (they need to get a little higher). She is learning her layout and most of the time it is piked and a bit whip back-ish :eek: but at least she is not scared to throw them. She just recently started to learn to twist and you will see her throwing a few fulls. They still need a lot of work (and spotting) and a much better layout but she LOVES doing them and LOVES the whole twisting thing. The way I see it is that she just turned 7, so she has plenty of time to perfect things. Just hoping that with learning them young, fear issues won't come into play down the road.

As always, I wrote a book... no wonder I don't post more often! :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading, watching and all your comments!

Last edited:
That's awesome that she is able to uptrain those skills. I wish my gym did more of that...

Love the piggy-tails.. :)

That was so cool. She's fab - and the coach is obviousy doing great with her.

She's doing great!! I hope I get to see her at a meet sometime this year...winning all the level 4 medals!:D
I wish our gym uptrained more, too. My DD is still being tortured with the L4 routines over and over and over again even though she has her score to go to Level 5. It's going to be tough for her to learn everything she needs to learn when she does hit L5! Maybe JuJu can come give us some lessons!:p

I hope I get to see her at a meet sometime this year...

It would be great to be able to see each other this year! I think ya'll are in the session before us at Tiger Paw. We got Sunday at 5PM - ughh... Not sure how Lilly will do that late. She is normally in bed by 8:30 and they will probably just be wrapping things up. Are you coming to the Gamecock Invite? That will be our last meet in SC before States in March.

Good luck to Maddison in the rest of her season and with training L5 after that. Here's to tons of progress for both her and Lilly over the summer...

So fun! I wish Abby's gym did stuff like that. I know she would love it. Juju's tumbling rocks. Abby loved watching this and said she wishes she could tumble like that. :D

She is such a talented little gymmie. She has such a future in store. I can't wait to start seeing her level 5 videos once she makes the jump. :D:D

Sean

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back