Parents Juju's First Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Juju had her very first meet this past weekend and had a blast! She was even more thrilled when she got 5 medals! She just turned 6 and is competing at level 4. She did not do as well as she could have, but I am still very proud of her. We mainly wanted her to have fun at this point with her being so young. On a positive note, we were thrilled that she made it over on her vault -LOL. She is all of 3.5 feet tall and maybe 40 pounds so she really struggles with it. Very ironic that it ended up being her best score.

Her scores were:
Vault - 8.0
Bars - 7.2 (somehow missed her front hip & went over on her mill circle)
Beam - 6.2 (fell on handstand, tried again and fell a 2nd time :eek:)
Floor - 7.0
AA of 28.4

I have been too busy to post any video of it on youtube but will let everyone know once I have it up. Her next meet is in 2 weeks and is a very BIG one our gym is hosting at a local college. We are expecting 650+ girls & boys gymnasts, Level 2-10 and Prep Op. They are going to be running 2 full sets of equipment - YIKES! Somehow I managed to get the job of doing the meet program which looks like it is going to have just under 150 Business & Good Luck Ads and totalling nearly 80 pages. So many people don't get the concept of a deadline anymore, so I am going crazy trying to finish up this weekend to get everything to the printer next week. Wish me luck and sanity in getting it all done.

Great thing about that age is that the numbers pretty much mean nothing to them - she walked out with 5 medals around her neck - that is awesome. I'm always so impressed when I see the little ones out there competing - most 6 years old have the attention spans of gnats - being able to remember and perform routines at that age amazes me. Congrats to her on an awesome first meet.

THat is such a great start. I temeber thinking that a 28 AA was a lovely round number when my little one was 6 and we still had the 10.0

Great job Juju, glad she had a great time.

Is the upcoming meet the "Crown of the Carolinas"? We aren't in SC any more, but we know gymnasts who are.

Yeah JuJu !!!!!! Good job - Lot's of Bling !!

good luck w/ the upcoming meet. Sounds like you have your hands full !!

She did great! The most important thing was that she had a blast. It will be fun to see our girls as they progress. They are so close to age (mine turned 6 in July) and size.

DD has trouble with vault sometimes, but sometimes she rocks, she got an 8.6 at our mock meet and didn't make it past the line. She has actually got past that yellow line several times at gym, but it takes her awhile to "warm-up" on it and they only got 2 runs at the vault in warm up, which isn't quite enough for her. My girl is a little taller than Juju at about 44" and she FINALLY hit 40lbs recently. I was totally worried that team would cause her to not gain, when she has always struggled with it, but I guess the muscle is helping out. :D

Can't wait to see her video. :D She is so cute!

Congrats JuJu! I remember in my DD's first L5 meet we were thrilled with the 28.8! It is so great!

Good luck with the program, sounds like a lot of work!

Good Job To JuJu!!!!!Sounds like she had a fun time.Can't wait to see the video I have watched her others and you can tell that she loves to perform.

Congrats Juju! I am glad she had a great time and enjoyed winning 5 metals. I know my dd is thrilled to receive her metals. And last meet they gave trophies for AA and she thought that was just awesome. Next meet she should do much better on bars especially if she consistently nails her mill circle and front hip. It was her first meet and was probally over thinking it. She is quite a little performer and I have no doubt she will knock the judges socks off. Can't wait to see her video and her other meets. You go Juju!!

Great thing about that age is that the numbers pretty much mean nothing to them - she walked out with 5 medals around her neck - that is awesome.

Ditto! My DD turned 6 at the end of July and competed her first level 4 meet early Sept (2 yrs ago). Her first meet, her AA was 24.3 LOL. She didn't give a hoot. By States, she was up in the high 33's.

Congrats JuJu! I remember in my DD's first L5 meet we were thrilled with the 28.8! It is so great!

Good luck with the program, sounds like a lot of work!

Kristilyn---Sounds like our girls started L5 in the same way. Mine scored a 28 something at her 1st ever meet. By they time she got to states she scored in the low 36s and tied for 1st on bars.

I think the big things are getting comfortable with competing and learning to compete at a new level. Once they settle in---watch out!!!

Yeah for JuJu! Congrats on the first meet! Those are good scores for a first timer..my DD pretty much had about the same last year too! As long as she had fun and got a medal the scores will mean nothing to her right now. You will see how they will go up each and every meet after.

Our gym will also be hosting a huge meet this year beginning of Jan and I suppose I will be working it all weekend, LOL, what a way to start a year. I love watching some of the higher levels of gymnastics though and it would be cool to watch the boys compete. I'm sure your DD will do well on home "turf" too! Good Luck!

It's been a few years since we were in SC. I think our gymmie's old gym is going - Carolina Gymnastics Center from Columbia.

It's been a few years since we were in SC. I think our gymmie's old gym is going - Carolina Gymnastics Center from Columbia.

We went there earlier this year for the SC State Compulsory Clinic. My DD had a blast doing that and was awarded the poster her group made during their craft session. They are coming to our meet in 2 weeks and we are going to their meet in January. It is neat to have someone on here that is familiar with the area. Too bad you are no longer in SC, it would be fun to meet up with a fellow CB'er at a meet.

Do you have meet video yet?

Barb

Not yet... I will be finished in the next couple days with all the ads for the big program that I am doing for our meet on November 15-16 :eek:. As soon as I finish that, then I can play with her meet video. I was hoping to try a montage versus just posting the video for each separate event. I am so sick of being on the computer doing these ads that maybe I should just post it the boring, by each event, way this time - LOL.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back