Parents Juju's State Meet Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten Juju's State Meet montage posted for viewing. She asked a really cute question that I thought I would share with you...

Juju asked, "How long do I get to be a State Champion?"

Her expression was priceless when we told her for an entire year but kind of forever too. She can't wait to try to be a state champion again next year too.

Thank you in advance for your comments. She loves to read them all!

YouTube - 2009 Level 4 State Meet - 6 Yrs Old

If you need to catch up on the details of the meet, you can find the original post here: http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/parent-forum/18887-juju-level-4-state-champ.html

I was on hiatus when you posted the first time re her acheivement, so this will be the first time I get to give my congratulations. That is so wonderful, what an accomplishment!!!

Congratulations to JuJu! She looked fantastic, especially on beam. What an awesome handstand!

Meg

WOOHOO! How polished she is at age 6! My DD was also 6 at her first states but didn't look look that, LOL

Too funny about how long she gets to be state champ for! Tell her for age 6 level 4 2009...forever! Thanks for sharing!

Very cute video. She is such a natural at being in front of a crowd and sure knows how to point those toes! Great job JuJu.

What does Novice mean?(just curious). Here all L4s compete as well L4s---no novice category or anything like that.

Way to go JuJu. Your video was great and congrats on the State Championship.
It was so wonderful to meet you both this weekend at the State Meet for 5-10.:)
Y'all put on a great meet and everyone was terrific. See ya next time. I believe our gym is considering Crown for next year. Yeaaaaaaah!!

What does Novice mean?(just curious).

In SC, for the Level 4 State Championships, they have come up with a Novice and Open designation as a way to further sub-divide the age groups. Even though it is not 'said', it is essentially a way to allow some of the girls that are typically 1st year girls place better by having their 'own' competition. One month prior to the state meet, they take the highest AA score of each of the qualifying gymnasts and then split the group down the middle. This year the cut off was roughly 34.9. Girls with an AA score over this competed in the Open category and girls between 28 and 34.85 competed in the Novice group. Each group gets to have their own team competition and respective awards for the age groups. Our state requires age groups be capped at 20 girls, so by splitting the competition, it helps prevent having for example the 8 year old age group divided into 5+ groups (ie. 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F). Awards are then based on 50%+1 of each group.

I personally think they should go back to the 'old' school designation and let the 1st year girls compete as Novice and the repeating girls compete as Open. While I am not one that believes in give a medal to everyone, I also don't think it is fair that a new 8 year old gymnast is having to compete against a girl who could very well be doing her 3rd year as a level 4 and starts the season with AA's of 36+. I personally don't believe that is what competition is all about.

The state reserves the right to do the same thing for Level 5 depending on how large the number of girls competing is. I am not aware that it has ever been done though.

Hope that all made sense...

It was so wonderful to meet you both this weekend at the State Meet for 5-10.:)

I believe our gym is considering Crown for next year. Yeaaaaaaah!!

Thank you so much! It was AWESOME getting to meet you and Bailey. I am so glad that you both had fun at the meet.

It was definitely a LOT of work (I am still trying to recover - LOL) but totally worth it. We have gotten feedback already from state board members, judges, coaches and parents and there is already talk from many people about them wanting us to host the State Meets again next year - WOW - that is a HUGE compliment.

You should definitely come to the Crown. The fact that the girls get a FREE Hoodie Sweatshirt is awesome! Especially since the entry fee is what I consider to be on the low end. We have a website set up specifically for our annual Crown of the Carolinas meet. Check it out at: Welcome to the Crown of the Carolinas

Way to go, Juju!! You were on fire!!
Congrats on such an awesome meet. You totally deserved that medal!

(so you think you can send that state fairy over to Pixie? lol!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back