Parents Juju's Tiger Paw Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Along with many others on CB, we were at Tiger Paw this past weekend. For those not in the South East, this is one of the bigger meets for our area typically drawing nearly 1500 girls. It is held in Littlejohn Coliseum at Clemson University. It is always a lot of fun and the cushioned seating is nothing short of wonderful for the parents– LOL.

And now, like normal a short novel…

This was Lilly’s 7th meet of this L4 Season. As a parent, you always want your child to do well, but if you are truly honest, this is one of those meets that you are REALLY hoping that your DD does good in THIS meet… after all, it’s Tiger Paw – LOL. Funny thing is that at only 7 years old, she felt that way too and really wanted some Tiger Paw gold.

Well, she did not leave disappointed and had yet another great meet. Yippie!!

VT: 9.5 – 1st
UB: 9.475 – 1st
BB: 9.55 – 1st
FX: 9.325 – 1st
AA: 37.85 – 1st

This was her 1st time taking all Gold Medals in a meet and boy was she thrilled! And to top it off, our L4 team took yet another 1st Place Team win.

This was the same AA score from her last meet, so I guess you can truly call her consistent – LOL.

The girls had a blast. Lil was sick last year at Tiger Paw and was doing good to make it through her routines. This year she was able to take it all in. She loved all of it, with the exception of, having to go up and down all the stairs between each flight for warm ups. The meet floor is only big enough for 2 full sets of girls equipment and they run 2 sessions at a time with 2 flights (A & B) in each. The 2 sets of equipment that all the girls warm up on is upstairs around the upper half of the coliseum which means they are going up & down all those stairs after each rotation. Lilly was exhausted after a 5PM start time and not getting finished with awards until 10PM. I know making up meet schedules is really hard and a balancing act with the # of girls allowed, etc. but I’m really not sure what they were thinking putting the little L4 girls so late on a Sunday while the upper levels competed in the mornings??? This is a 4-day meet so it would have been nice for the younger ones to not have to compete past their bedtimes – LOL. Oh well, all things considered I would do it again just for the fun experiences this meet brings with it.

Thanks for making it this far… Sorry the video is so long but it is hard to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. The guy dancing with the Tiger is our boys team coach. When the boys aren’t competing he helps with the equipment set up/break down at the area meets.

YouTube - jlewis219's Channel

and you want fairies from Cait?? Cait may need some fairies from Lil... Wow, what a fantastic meet. I keep wondering how she can top the last meet and then she does this.. I guess next meet needs to be 38, huh?

Tell her she is AWESOME...:D

Sean

Juju did great and was so nice to watch. What a pretty, graceful gymmie you have. Jas and I love watching her videos!

Wow 1500 athletes!! I was stunned at the 500+ coming to the state meet.

Wow!!! What a great meet! Way to go Juju! You are having an awesome season.

Lil is having a phenomenal year! She's absolutely incredible!
What a great, fun meet. Love, love, love that your coach danced with the Tiger! :D
Nice choice of music for the video, too. ;)

Wow JuJu that is one amazing meet you put together on Sunday!!! Even if you did have to stay up past your bedtime!:D

You have one beautiful, extremely talented little girl on your hands! Hope we get to see her in person soon!!!!:)

Just beautiful. Congrats to Juju. I don't think that even another season of level 4 would bring 37+ to my kiddo. :) She just isn't into all those little details that get those scores.

Wow, what scores! She's having an amazing season! I love that she always looks like she is having fun and is smiling. She is such a natural talent, she makes it look so easy. I agree with Mariposa, my DD would probably had to have done L4 a third time and still wouldn't get over a 37AA, LOL

We really enjoy the video's too, thank you so much for sharing your DD with us!

She did a fantastic job! Congrats to her!! She should do well in level 5 next year!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back