WAG Junior elite to senior elite?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hoping someone has the answer to this.

If a gymmie is qualified as Junior elite and they turn senior. Do they have to requalify for senior?

Aren't there different qualifying scores for junior and senior? So maybe if they have not hit the qualifying score yet they would? No clue!

I believe that if a junior elite has hit a high enough score to be senior elite as a junior elite, they do not need to re-qualify to become a senior elite. If they didn't hit a high enough score as a junior elite, they would need to re-qualify with a senior elite score. Hope that makes sense.

I believe that if a junior elite has hit a high enough score to be senior elite as a junior elite, they do not need to re-qualify to become a senior elite. If they didn't hit a high enough score as a junior elite, they would need to re-qualify with a senior elite score. Hope that makes sense.
I have read that they must requalify as Srs., but as Queenbee says above, whether that is a formality that is skipped for those who have proven themselves in Jrs, I am not sure. You can qualify through Camp, right? So I would think that is how it is done for the top scoring new Srs

Back in the day when my daughter did it, she qualified to Jr because of her age but had a Sr qualifying score. The coaches at the time commented that she'd have been all set if she was turning 16 that year (but wasn't). You definitely need the Sr qualifying score to be a Sr elite....and that doesn't mean that the new Sr couldn't "score in" while at a camp at the Ranch even...

I'd be surprised to hear to that Maile O'Keefe, Gabby Perea and Emma Malabuyo have to 're-qualify' in January this year as opposed to just turning senior elite. The three of them had some of the highest scores in elite in the world in 2017 (junior or senior).

Reactions: sce
The compulsory score is the same for junior/senior. And the optional score is only half a point apart for classics, one point for P&G (or whatever it’s called now). So would think it would be a pretty narrow group of juniors who didn’t quite reach the senior Q score on optional routines the previous year.

Here is 2018 - https://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/ElitePre-Elite/18elitechart.pdf

My take is it is spelled out but still vauge... automatic qualifiers to both Classics and Championships from previous season results also scores from camp. The score is low enough that most Juniors transitioning to Sr. should have it from championships the year before as wandrewsjr said.

Very vague for sure. All it would take is one well worded sentence. But I guess they keep it that way for a reason.

Thanks for all the input.

I have looked through the various docs, and nothing is spelled out at all.
I think because they can also attain the scores at camps, once they are attending camps as juniors they could likely qualify senior at camp.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back