Just a quick brag...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaddieLynn

Coach
Gymnast
My 9 year old sister is competing level 6 T&T right now. At her first 2 meets she didn't do so well - she didn't throw her back tuck at the end of her pass at one meet and at the other there were no falls of anything but she didn't get on the podium and came in next to last a lot. She was pretty upset about it.

At her third meet, she did a little better and was placing 5th-7th ish, which was awesome because she got on the podium! However, her score wouldn't have qualified her to nationals if this had been a qualifying meet. In addition, nationals are in Washington, which is a loooooong way for us, so my mom had a talk with her and told her she'd have to qualify on at least 2 events for us to make the trip.

Her 4th meet was this past weekend, and she qualified on trampoline, qualified AND mobilized on tumbling, and was .2 away from qualifying on double mini! She also placed very well on each event. We are super excited for her! She has one more qualifying meet coming up to see if she can just squeeze in that double mini score. I'm really impressed by how much she's improved throughout the season!

What improvement she has made!! And so exciting that she qualified in 2 events. Crossing my fingers for the double mini!!

Update - she had her end of year banquet last night where they give out awards and she got "best attitude/hardest worker" from her conditioning coach and was voted MVP by her T&T coaches! She got a Dairy Queen gift card and a giant trophy. I was really happy for her because I was afraid she wouldn't get anything and would be sad. She's the type of kid that tends to go unnoticed. She works super hard, never cheats on her conditioning, and always encourages the other kids, but she's an average level 6 who doesn't tend to stun with her gymnastics. I'm so glad her hard work got rewarded!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back