Parents Just a small rant about jealous parents

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think part of the issue is that most Facebook Friends (ie strangers to us and our gymnast) would not be on mymeetscores.com, but posting results on a personal Facebook page gives the scores context and allows all those Facebookers to compare the gymnasts. So a 7 on bars is just a number, but strangers look at it and say, hmm, I don’t know Suzy (and I don’t know gymnastics) but she got a really low score compared to these other girls - she must not be very good on bars.

The first year of my daughters gymnastics we kept everybody's scores. My husband graphed everything. It was interesting data to look at, but ultimately we stopped just because it was too much time. We didn't post it anywhere it was really more for the coaches to see if there were any trends. After 6 years I don't even write anything down now. I just go and try to relax myself and take pictures. The scores are all on the web so if you want data you can get it after the meet. Ultimately scores don't really matter since its about learning new skills, being confident and the kids having a good time. Yes, scores determine team results, qualifications for regionals etc. but after all these years I just don't bother any more. If she wins that is great, if not hopefully she learned something. There are a lot of crazy parents that keep every score of every kid in their child's age group during competitions. Good for them, they can go for it. My kid is not a top competitor so for her I just want her to do her best. Scores just confirm her hard work and we can wait till the end of the meet to see where she places. She usually gets several medals so all is good. I say chill out and enjoy the show.

Trying to take down everyone’s scores would drive me absolutely batty. I get so antsy about missing the score when it’s flashed that I can barely stand to watch for my own kid’s scores. I can’t even count how many time I’ve missed a teammate’s routine while waiting for the previous competitor’s score. Now I usually don’t even look for scores unless the kid is the last on the team to go or just did the routine of a lifetime or the parent is not there and asked me to text them the score.

Thank you for the advice. I tried the headphones thing and it definitely worked. Lol. As for keeping track of placements. So for T&T I havent seen anything like mymeetscores. However you can go on the usag website and find the results from Nationals. Which, I admittedly did when DD decided she wanted T&T, so that I could find a solid gym. I remember I saw alot of girls at my daughters gym did well, however I dont remember which girl placed where. Lol. When my daughter still did artistic we had a mom that kept track of scores, but it was to show the girls their improvement over the season. She never posted anyones scores, other than her daughters, to social media. I definitely think intent matters here.

What threw me off about this woman was she had it saved to her phone. And she pulled it up to show me how poorly another girl did at Nationals. Which made no sense to me, because from what I understand, just making it to Nationals in T&T is a huge accomplishment.

What threw me off about this woman was she had it saved to her phone. And she pulled it up to show me how poorly another girl did at Nationals. Which made no sense to me, because from what I understand, just making it to Nationals in T&T is a huge accomplishment.

she s$cks, sorry, she just does

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back