Parents Just can't get a break....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DND

Proud Parent
DD was training Thursday and slipped on her connection on beam. I have to be honest it did not seem like one of her "biggest" falls I have seen, but then I saw the coaches were spending a lot of time looking and massaging her foot.

She was sent home an our early and I was told to try and continue to massage the area toward the heart to try and keep the swelling at bay. The next morning she cold not put weight on it so I emailed the coach to see if we should get x-rays.

Went in and they don't really show a break per the doctor, but she said it could be a growth plate fracture and she put her in a boot and we are to come back next week.

DD is so upset as that same morning we found out that Ellie Black and her coach are coming to do a 3 day camp we the National girls from our province. Plus she is supposed to go to Montreal in the beginning of March. She keeps asking me if she is going to be able to make it and I don't know what to say...other than I am not a doctor and it will be okay either way.

I am sure learning the meaning of mental toughness as my DD's journey continues through this sport!

tough break. no pun intended. if Montreal is camp also she can always just do bars, flexibility and conditioning.:)

Thanks..Montreal would have been her only travel competition this year - Gymnix - I told her we could still go and watch the Junior and Seniors as it would be her first time she will be able to see International competitors. She is not sure how she feels about that, but I think she will come around.

First day with bad news is always rough!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back