Just found out that we are losing a great coach...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
we found out today that one of our coaches (who is a great guy, we love him dearly...) is moving across the country. He leaves in about two weeks. He is our boys' team coach, our rec tumbling coach, rec boys coach and he assists with girls' team and runs our TOPs workouts and coached at open gyms. We are pretty bummed. My kids are devistated, because they all love him. We(the gym staff) are planning a going away party for him with the team before he leaves, and I'm sure there will be a lot of tears. We wish him the best in whatever he chooses to pursure...but...we now are down one coach who worked a LOT!!!

If anyone knows of anybody who would be interested in applying for a pretty much full time position coaching in Arizona, please PM me, because I will send you the contact info of our gym. I know our head coaches are pretty particular in their choosing, but I know there are some awesome people on the CB ;)

And if anyone has any ideas on how to celebrate a going away party for a coach who is well respected, I'd love to hear them!!

Thanks!!

A great idea would be to have all of the parents and students (who want to...I imagine there's a fair amount) write him a note. Just like on a post-it sized piece of paper or a half sheet.

The students can write "thanks for beeng my koach i wil mis you" w/ their choppy spelling abilities (assuming they're like five :p makes it funnier to read too) and the parents can write their well wishes to him.

I know this sounds kind of like a girly idea, and you might think he won't appreciate/keep the notes, but I can assure you he will. My gym did this for me when they thought I was transferring across the country for college a few months back (ended up staying).

It was a better gift than anything else imagineable...it also made me ALMOST tear up reading all of the notes (but nah, I'm too manly for that! :p)

A great idea would be to have all of the parents and students (who want to...I imagine there's a fair amount) write him a note. Just like on a post-it sized piece of paper or a half sheet.

The students can write "thanks for beeng my koach i wil mis you" w/ their choppy spelling abilities (assuming they're like five :p makes it funnier to read too) and the parents can write their well wishes to him.

I know this sounds kind of like a girly idea, and you might think he won't appreciate/keep the notes, but I can assure you he will. My gym did this for me when they thought I was transferring across the country for college a few months back (ended up staying).

It was a better gift than anything else imagineable...it also made me ALMOST tear up reading all of the notes (but nah, I'm too manly for that! :p)

Those are great ideas. It WILL be a sad day, bc the kids adore him. I'm going to see if I can find a big paper banner or poster board for the kids to write on and then just roll it up for him.

Now that it is actually sinking in, my dd is kinda mad at him(for leaving) That's 8 year old logic for you!! I know she understands and wishes him the best(he is certainly leaving on good terms and would be welcomed back with open arms)-its just hard for a little kid!

When that happened to us, we got a team photo and had everyone autograph it ( like the Olympians do). The kids loved being the "autographers" and the coach bawled tears of joy.

Those are great ideas. It WILL be a sad day, bc the kids adore him. I'm going to see if I can find a big paper banner or poster board for the kids to write on and then just roll it up for him.

I think writing notes is a great idea. I'm not a coach but I personally would rather have sheets of paper that I could put in a binder or scrapebook than a big banner or poster board. The book would be easier to pack and then could go on a bookshelf at my new home. The banner or poster board would probably stayed rolled up on a closet shelf.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back