Just how much better is Simone than everybody else?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am most impressed by her improvement on UB, when she could have cruised to another AA title with the same set. She had the 26th most difficult set in Rio. She has added 6 tenths in difficulty and is now only behind Derwael and Melnikova, while retaining the same level of execution. Amazing.

She is like a once-in-a-lifetime gem (or several lifetimes), mined from the deepest depths. Rare and unique, not like the others. Lighter, brighter, shinier (higher, faster, stronger...).

The depths of her greatness won't likely be known or felt for many years, but I think that she is something so extremely special. I saw her compete as a young junior elite and while she didn't win, she drew your attention and I made a mental note of her name because I thought I'd be hearing it again. And look at her now!

She is just unreal, I still think she has the potential for even greater difficulty. More than this, compared to many previous amazing gymnasts, she is such a nice human. A great team leader with an infectious zest for life. Regardless of her gym career after Tokyo, she is going places.

Agree with all the above. I think the fact she still has the potential to do more says it all in terms of the separation. Similar to Tiger in his prime, I think she will push the other gymnasts to greater heights as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back