Parents Just venting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mish

Proud Parent
Just need to vent because I'm just so upset for my dd (9 y.o. Lv 6). As some of you know, she just came back from her second injury this year. Last week she was finally getting back. She got her series on beam yesterday (and it looked great!)and was so excited to practice it today. Well, it didn't go as planned, and to make a long story short, hurt her wrist and may be sprained. She can move it and is not swollen or bruised, but can't put pressure on it. She went from high to low in 24 hrs. She tries to be so stoic but today she just looked defeated. Took her a long time to get her confidence back after these injuries, now we are back to square one. I just want to cry for her. States in a month and she's had so many stops and starts this season.
That's really all; just needed to vent to people who get it. Thanks.

I am so sorry for your DD. Hopefully this is a short lived injury. It is so tough when they have injury after injury. Sending good vibes!

I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope she heals fast ! I'm curious as to which state's you are going to? With nationals in a couple weeks, I'm surprised to see a state competition that hasn't happened yet? Unless maybe she's not in the jo stream...

Either way, hope she heals fast!!

I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope she heals fast ! I'm curious as to which state's you are going to? With nationals in a couple weeks, I'm surprised to see a state competition that hasn't happened yet? Unless maybe she's not in the jo stream...

Either way, hope she heals fast!!

NY. Yes JO, Level 6 states is May.

Oh man. Here's to quick healing for her. Injuries can be so draining :(

So sorry to hear about another injury. Sending healing vibes your way.

I hope it turns out to be very minor

Yep, Levels with no regionals or nationals happen later in our state. That would be 3,4,5 and 6
It's a looooong season in NY. States will be Puma Jr's eleventh meet this season (though we are in a slightly different situation since she changed from JO to USAIGC, but still!)

Thanks, everyone! Went to ortho this morning. It is "just" sprained, but will have to scratch her 5th (!) meet this Sunday. Follow up in one week. States is May 13, so hoping she has some time before that. She was still just getting back from her last injury, so really, it is what it is at this point.

Reactions: sce
Aww, sorry to hear that! Tinker Bell is also looking at scratching this weekend's meet due to a sprained wrist (fall from high bar last week), so we are right there with you and your gymmie.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back