just wondering...training hours/cost for L4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our L4 training hours are 8 hours a week (up from 6 hours during the spring) plus 4 hours conditioning/flexibility. Our cost is $130 for L4 training and $40 for conditioning/flexibility. This is tuition only. We have a team practice leo but it was only $25 (yay!).

our level 4s train 9 hours a week at $170. They do 6 meets plus state at a cost of $800 due in 2 installments (includes coaches' fees). The uniform is separate, and they are good for 2 years. This year we had a girl who was undefeated at 7 meets, and not because she was the only one in her age group, LOL! She is just really amazing!! Our level 4 team had 6 girls and they all were amazing, winning 6 or 7 state titles among them. (Shameless brag, :) )

We are in a city so that drives cost up (rent!!) My daughter is Level 7. They go 18 hours a week and it's $525/month. From what I recall recently looking at the fall schedule, the 4s go 8 hours/3 days, 5s are 12hours/4 days, 6s are 15/5 days and the cost ranged from about $400 incrementally up about 30/level.

My daughter just finished Level 6 (did well, placed 2nd at States) but I never sent her 5 days! I only did 4 days because I feel like she needs down time. So, sometimes I question if more hours is better. My daughter does well at meets during the season, so in her case, she could manage on less time.

I still had to pay the full amount, though!

At our gym, our L4's train 3 days per week for 3 hours, so 9 hours/week during the school year. It increases to 12 hours/week for the summer. The summer rate is $245/hr. We have a large team (approx. 20 girls), broken into two groups.

Our L3 girls, which is basically pre-team as they don't compete, will be going 4 hours per week for $160/mo. The 3's will stay at the hours increase through the fall, whereas the 4's will drop back down to 9.

When Pickle was L4 she trained 9 hours per week during the school year. That's typical for gyms around here. But, we aren't in Texas and gymnastics just isn't that big here.

I think anything more than 9 hours a week for level 4 is too much. They'll burn out. When my DD was at level 4, she worked out around 9 hours per week and was first in the state with a 37.925 AA. At level 5 one more workout day was added to bring it to 12 hours per week.

I'd be interested to hear from other Canadian moms here (I met a few of you in the Introductions thread!) I still don't really know which level compare between the States and here. My daughter trains 16 hours per week (4, 4 hour days) and she is 7 years old working on Ontario levels 3 through 6 skills, moving into Pre Novice National training this summer.

The cost at the gym now is $322/month (discounted for paying a lump sum). At our previous gym the fees were over $400 for the same # of hours.

wow - how do you manage - thats like having a second Mortgage !

I'm lucky, I swap hours coaching for free gym time for my smalls, however before then in rec it was around £4 per hour, with £ 12 per week for team gymnasts.

Comp fees are around £ 10 however we don't compete out of county (yet ), and team leotards are lent by the club, practice leotards range fron £10-40.

Your fees would never be paid over here are they just wouldn't be affordable - although probably I spend more in petrol getting there and back, plus parking fees !

'Margo

Oh wow, gymnastics is an expensive sport in USA and Australia! Here in Finland it's pretty cheap activity because we don't actually have those private gyms that you have. Gymnastics classes are not organized by gyms but sport clubs that rent the gym of the town for the club. In the bigger cities there is plenty of clubs that use the same gym. So we don't have those "gym owners" that you have. Pretty often the coaches are volunteer workers so they are not paid any salary.

I live in the northern part of Finland and gymnastics is not very big thing here. I'm coach of small sports club (100 kids and adults) that offers gymnastics and some other activities and in this club no-one is paid. So I spend 3 night at the gym just because I want to : )

I'm a coach of level B/C gymnasts that practice 2 hours twice a week. The costs are 50 € ONCE A YEAR! That's about $68. In the bigger and more professional clubs the costs for 10h per week are around 400 € ($550) for one season (2 seasons/year) and the competition fees are pretty often paid by the club.

I coach level 3s , 4s and 5w. Our level 3s are in the gym for 3 hours a week at a cost of $60 a month . level 4s and 5s are in the gym for 8 hours a week for at a cost of $80 and $85 a month. all girls have the option of a 3 hour open gym day also. this is the schedule for the entire year. I try to remember that they are still kids and have school, homework and gymnastics is supposed to be fun for them and not their entire life.:)

Our L4's train 6 hours a week, 3 hrs 2x week, and pay $120 for tuition. We are in Texas :). But our gym is still developing their competitive gymnastics program and want the girls to enjoy being young so they keep the hours lower than many other gyms around here. This is our first season so I don't know how we do compared to other gyms at meets. I'll let you know once we go to a meet :)

My niece is a L 5 and trains 9 hours a week, with 3 hours optional on Saturday (which she does). The L 4 girls do the same, just no optional practice I think (we're new). We're at a Y gym but in the USAG program. We pay $100 a month. They just got their comp leos and they were $70. They're simple but cute. The warm ups get handed down, they're in great shape even for being a couple years old. I think we lucked out with cost!

Out here in Norcal, I rarely hear of L4's doing more than 10 hours/week. Our L4's were doing 9 and it was around $200/month though our prices were on the low for the bay area and needed to be brought up as they had not been done in many years.

Generally I hear L4's doing anywhere from 6 (commonly 7) to about 9 or 10.

L10s in norcal seem to do up to 25 hours. Probably 20-25 imo. Generally 4 heavy days during the week of 4-4.5hrs a week, a light wednesday and maybe a 3hr saturday.

We are in Norcal also - Our level 4's train 9 hrs per week plus 1 hour of ballet every other week at $260 per month. Hours can go up to 10-12 during the summer but there is no tuition increase.

Our 5's train 12 hrs per week and 6/7's 15 - we don't have any girls above 7 at this time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back