WAG Kadee's 3rd L5 Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well..this meet went MUCH better..lol

I think this is what she needed to give her a boost in her self esteem. She was starting to doubt herself a little bit.

Vault, 1st
Bars, 3rd (missed that dang high bar kip..again. Got it EVERYTIME in warm up..lol)
Beam, 4th (fell on her handstand (of all things) and never really got her head back in it after that)
Floor, 2nd
AA, 2nd

And her L5 Age 7 teammate got 1st AA. So the itty bitties represented today (L5 Ag 7, 1st and 2nd AA)..lol

She normally does pretty good on beam and bars. So she knows it's a flukey thing today. But Vault and Floor she struggles with more (still working past some fear issues). So coming in 1st and 2nd on those two meant so much more to her than that 2nd AA.

She is over the moon.

That is AWESOME! Great job Kadee. I'm sure she'll make that long kip next time. 2nd AA is amazing! Especially good that she did so well on her "nemesis" events. WTG

Awesome that she did well... That darn high bar kip is rough for first year L5's...she'll have it consistent really soon ;).

Bummer about the fall on beam, but sometimes it's better for them to go for it and fall than do a whimpy skill...my DD was the queen of whimpy handstands in L5, and in retrospect I'd rather she had fallen more than never fell and got away w/ whimpy skills (she's still so extremely focused on staying on the beam at all costs that I think it hurts her scores overall).

Sounds like your DD is getting better each time and that's great. Hope she keeps it up!!!!

Good job Kadee! Those placements should really boost her confidence on vault and floor! Even with falls and missing skills she placed! Thats says alot!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back