Kellogg's Tour :-/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In June, my mom promised she'd buy tickets. But she waited and waited. I reminded her two weeks ago and she said, "Well, we need to see if that's a rehearsal day."

I told her that it wasn't and she said okay, and that she'd order the tickets soon.

Well, now it's in a few days and I never got tickets. :'( She PROMISED me! In JUNE! And it was my ONLY CHANCE at ever meeting the Olympic Gymnasts. I was SUPER excited. And now I'm not even going.

I can't believe I'm not going. I mean, she made a promise and said she would buy them and she never did and now it's too late. :'(

Did any of you go? What was it like? I'm in tears right now, I'm so upset. I think that knowing exactly what happened might make me feel better because then I can kind of think about if it was really worth going. Or it just might make me feel worse if it was really awful. But...tell me, I'd like to know. ^^

There's still a chance! I bought my tickets 2 hours before the show and went! haha of course they werent meet and greet tickets but atleast I got to see it :) P.S. the closer it gets to the show, the cheaper the tickets will be as people resell them

We went to the show and had a lot of fun, but if you are going with the main intention of meeting the gymnasts, save your money, unless you are springing for the very expensive meet & greet tickets. (And even then, I understand that you just move down a line getting autographs and that you don't really get to talk with the gymnasts, take pictures with them or anything like that.)

I don't know if you've ever been to a very big arena, like for a rock concert, but that is what it is like. You could be so far away that you can't even recognize the gymnasts, let alone get to meet them. So, again, it was a fun show and I'm glad that dd & I went, but she didn't come close to meeting the Olympic gymnasts, and we were seated in one of the sections closer to the floor.

There's still a chance! I bought my tickets 2 hours before the show and went! haha of course they werent meet and greet tickets but atleast I got to see it :) P.S. the closer it gets to the show, the cheaper the tickets will be as people resell them
I read your post, checked, saw that they were still selling, and got tickets. ^^

Well, my mom really didn't want to go, but my dad came to the rescue and said he'd drive us. {He fell asleep during the show. xD}

So, yeah! When we were buying tickets, my mom clicked on the area right next to the floor and said, "How much are these?" They were $80. xD So we found seats much farther back, which were only $30. xP We picked "Will Call" and ordered the tickets the night before the show. Then we went, waited in the cold until the door opened, got our tickets, and found our seats.

We were near the very very top, and my mom said 7 times {yes, I counted}, "Don't get too excited, the gymnasts will look like ants bouncing around down there."

But I don't know why she said that because I could see them perfectly well! I could even recognize their faces!

I thought it was going to be like the Olympics, but I like how they made it similar to a show. At the end, my mom pointed out that they were giving autographs, but we didn't go down. Instead my dad spent about 10 minutes trying to get a good picture of me with the arena in the background. xD But as we were about to leave I suddenly wanted to get an autograph. We headed to the steps that led down to the really expensive seats, and saw that the gymnasts had gone already. :-/

But later I heard some girl, who was holding an autographed picture, say that $20 was really expensive for an autograph, but it was worth it. I realized that she must have had the really close seats that were $80. So, for over a hundred dollars less, we didn't get autographs but we still saw the show. x3

But yeah. It was fun, and I'm glad I went. ^^ My mom liked it too. As for my dad? ...he got a good nap. xD

We went to the show and had a lot of fun, but if you are going with the main intention of meeting the gymnasts, save your money, unless you are springing for the very expensive meet & greet tickets. (And even then, I understand that you just move down a line getting autographs and that you don't really get to talk with the gymnasts, take pictures with them or anything like that.)

I don't know if you've ever been to a very big arena, like for a rock concert, but that is what it is like. You could be so far away that you can't even recognize the gymnasts, let alone get to meet them. So, again, it was a fun show and I'm glad that dd & I went, but she didn't come close to meeting the Olympic gymnasts, and we were seated in one of the sections closer to the floor.
There was no way my mom would let me buy those expensive seats, so we got the cheaper ones in the back. {See above post ^^} Yeah, I saw a big line of people waiting to buy pictures to get autographs on, but I didn't see anybody really talking to the gymnasts.

The arena was big but I could still see their faces. ^^ I'm glad that you guys had a good time, but sorry that you spent money on those close seats and didn't get to meet the gymnasts. :-/ Oh well, very few people actually did.

I went and loved it. My parents went and almost seemed to enjoy it more than I did! of course, I had to explain what each person was doing and who was doing it. we got really close seats for $40 with some kind of discount from my dad's work.

There was no way my mom would let me buy those expensive seats, so we got the cheaper ones in the back. {See above post ^^} Yeah, I saw a big line of people waiting to buy pictures to get autographs on, but I didn't see anybody really talking to the gymnasts.

The arena was big but I could still see their faces. ^^ I'm glad that you guys had a good time, but sorry that you spent money on those close seats and didn't get to meet the gymnasts. :-/ Oh well, very few people actually did.

Glad you got to go!

Actually, our tickets weren't all the way down near the floor, but in the lowest section (so about 15 rows up from the floor) and were only $40. Our gym bought a huge block of tickets, so we might have gotten a better price. Even so, my daughter didn't get any big name autographs. She was able to get one from one of the guys, but she doesn't even know who it was. The fab 5 got out of there pretty quickly for the paid meet & greet.

Still, we loved the show! I thought it was a lot of fun and helped to remind my daughter that it isn't always about the scores. Gymnastics can just be FUN!!!

Glad you got to go!

Actually, our tickets weren't all the way down near the floor, but in the lowest section (so about 15 rows up from the floor) and were only $40. Our gym bought a huge block of tickets, so we might have gotten a better price. Even so, my daughter didn't get any big name autographs. She was able to get one from one of the guys, but she doesn't even know who it was. The fab 5 got out of there pretty quickly for the paid meet & greet.

Still, we loved the show! I thought it was a lot of fun and helped to remind my daughter that it isn't always about the scores. Gymnastics can just be FUN!!!
Oh, okay. Well, I didn't go with a gym {since I technically don't belong to it currently}, so our tickets were more expensive. And plus, since it was the night before the show, they may have raised prices because they were taking advantage of the lazy people. xD

Yes, it was a lot of fun to watch! It looks like gymnastics will never be about the scores for me--I'll never be on a team--but it's still tons of fun! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back