Kellogs Tour of Gymnastics Superstars - No Gabby, Kyla and McKayla?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just can't believe the USAG isn't doing more to protect them (i.e., can't somebody associated with USAG confirm the mats are sufficient for the flooring?). The name and visual recognition they get on tour has to be helpful for branding if they want to sell a lot of leos down the road. However, I just don't think it's worth for the amateurs (except maybe a few local stops where their coaches can weigh in on the mats). I'm looking forward to seeing the show with DD in November -- hope the athletes make it that long! LOL

The guys were definitely more impressive than the girls. Some cool stuff on p-bars, high bar, and floor.

The guys are always a bit more impressive than the girls in general on all of the tours. Probably since the guys have harder skills in general, their watered down version is still pretty cool to most people. Their pure strength is always impressive:) When my girls were younger and at lower levels, they were just impressed to see the gymnasts live and in the flesh, but as they got older we have saved our money and gone to a "big" meet like Cover Girl or Visas, etc.

I'm taking my daughter to the xl center stop. I bought the tickets (at 2x face value ugh!!) because my daughter loves Jordyn. I hope she is at that stop. My daughter will be so upset.

how long is the Kellogs tour show?

We are going this weekend and I am trying to plan the long drive home... How long is the actual show? o they have anything afterward?

dd is so excited. I have seen a couple of these on TV and haven't been impressed but I figure that this will likely be dd's last Olympic year where she is still mesmerized by it all. If she is still in gymnastics 4 years from now, she will be a repeat L10 and the big skills won't amaze her as much as they do now.

The show lasts a couple hours. The gymnasts came over to sign autographs for 10-15 minutes so run down after. We were in the 2nd row & didn't realize what was going on until it was too late ;)
Have fun!

he dislocated his kneecap and reduced it himself. but he is getting it now checked cause something else is the matter. i'll keep you posted.:)

yikes!: "Spoke with my Dr. and it looks like I tore my ACL and Meniscus on my left leg. Doc says It'll be months for healing but rehab starts soon then Surgery in a few weeks and yea... It's not gonna be fun. =/"

hope the tour is happy...

Just got back from this show in Philly. We had over 100 people from our gym attend and the girls had a blast! Plenty of big names there: Ali Raisman, Jordan Weiber, McKayla Maroney, Alicia Sacramone, Nastia Lukin, Gabby Douglas, and more. (Sorry for any spelling errors in names!)

The showmanship was great and it was just a really fun event. Sure, it isn't pure gymnastics, but it was great for the girls to see something so fun and with no competitive pressure for their favorite stars. Well worth the tickets, IMO!

I'm really glad to hear the positive feedback because I've been a little nervous with some of the comments here. I know it's not the same as Visa et al, but DD really just wants to see (and hopefully meet) an Olympian. McKayla's visiting her gym in advance of the show, so everyone's excited for that as well.

I'm really glad to hear the positive feedback because I've been a little nervous with some of the comments here. I know it's not the same as Visa et al, but DD really just wants to see (and hopefully meet) an Olympian. McKayla's visiting her gym in advance of the show, so everyone's excited for that as well.

How cool about McKayla's visit! You just have to remember that it is a SHOW not a competition!

We went last night DD had an awesome time. She and her teammates were part of the Opening Ceremony, there were a bajillion kids and she was on the opposite side from where our seats were so while I could not see her, she just had so much fun it didn't matter. They got to go to the Chalk Talk which featured Nastia, McKayla and Jake Dalton She did manage to get 2 autographs from members of the men's team but she doesn't know who they were (not the 'big names') . The highlight of her night was getting to high five Nastia and Gabby backstage and then McKayla walked by to say hi!

By your signature, I think you're in Virginia?! We have a friend there who told us McKayla is visiting her gym and my daughter was so jealous!

We saw the show in Boston on Sunday. Hometown crowd thrilled to have both Aly and Alicia there! I was surprised to see Rebecca Bross and thrilled to see Nastia! Honestly, I thought Nastia was stunning doing the aerial stuff!

Our gym girls were disappointed that none of the women signed after...they waited down front but the only person who came out was Alicia and she was on the other side! My daughter already has her autograph (twice!) and she has Aly's too, so that's OK! NEedless to say, she would have loved Gabby's.

A few of the dancers were signing, though she didn't want their autograph.

As for the show, we loved it. Is it lots of gymnastics? Nope...but we had great seats so the up close and personal is fun. I"m not sure, but I'm guessing (hoping?!) the gymnasts enjoy performing! Kyla was the only woman not there but I had read that she was staying home for school. Can't knock that!

Speaking of school, does anyone know if Aly Raisman had applied to college and deferred a year? Just curious as my daughter asked!

Actually it does not mean she cannot compete in college just because she's in the Kellogg's tour. Kyla did some tour stops (without getting paid i'm assuming) and is still eligible for college.
Pro means they've accepted endorsements/getting paid to do things and therefore cannot compete in college.

Not sure about College in general though.

Also man that stinks about the gymnasts not coming out.
I've heard (Including our stop) that none of the fierce 5 came since they were doing the meet and greet but Alicia, Becca Bross, Chellsie Memmel and not sure who else came out at ours.

Although at least at my stop the only gymnasts doing the meet and greet were McKayla, Gabby, Aly, Jordyn and Nastia. At least in 2008 the whole team was there!!! (Exception of Shawn Johnson, who was apparently feeling sick)

I saw the tour this weekend and it was great! I wish that they hadn't done the scenes with just the dancers because that wasn't really interesting... haha but other than that it was good :) I was surprised to see 4 out of the fierce 5! I dont know who was at the meet and greet since those tickets were too expensive :S but we had Gabby, Jordan, Aly, McKayla, Nastia, Alicia, and Rebecca performing ^_^

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back