WAG Kerry Perry is ousted as CEO of USAG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I really, really wanted her to do well. I wanted her to come in with a fresh voice, fresh perspective and whip USAG into shape. Sadly, that was not the case. It was beyond time for her to go. I don't know what the answer is now, but I sure hope that the next step is a step toward healing and restoration.

Some thoughts.

KP was not the person for this job; she never had the right experience nor perspective. I know where she came from and I don't think she was ever equipped to lead this organization thru the changes needed.

But remember, she was hired by the organization; she didn't just appear on the scene and assume the job. The problem here is that whatever executive leadership exists with this organization (that hired KP) has to have the right focus and understand the need for change and then find that change agent to lead the absolutely critical changes that are needed.

I hope that there is someone out there that can lead or else the alternative won't be a good one.

What are the alternatives?
Is there any possibility of a new organization emerging as a result of this disaster?
I personally don't think a new organization is the answer. The answer is learning from mistakes and changing what needs to be changed, and moving forward and doing better. The other answer is people letting them move on instead of acting like the only answer is to destroy USA Gymnastics (Not you, munchkin3. I just feel like there are some out there that no matter what USAG does, it won't be good enough and they only want to keep beating USAG over the head until they kill it completely.)

I just feel like there are some out there that no matter what USAG does, it won't be good enough and they only want to keep beating USAG over the head until they kill it completely
But is this a strange respond? People have lost faith in USAG (which is not strange). USAG should have protected their clients (all the coaches and gymnasts). They didnt. If you have a coach who says he or she Will spot you and he/she doesnt time and time again, wouldnt you lose faith in that coach?

Now i think USAG can fix it, with all the right persons in charge. Let the (ex) gymnasts pick a coach they trust. And it Will be a hard comeback. But i believe they can do it.

Not that it really fits here but I didn't want to start another thread: Bailie Key came out on Instagram this afternoon as a survivor. I hope and pray for her sake and the sake of all who have come before her and go behind that USAG pulls its head out of you know where and gets it together.

Not that it really fits here but I didn't want to start another thread: Bailie Key came out on Instagram this afternoon as a survivor. I hope and pray for her sake and the sake of all who have come before her and go behind that USAG pulls its head out of you know where and gets it together.

HAHAHA they won't. At least, not in time.

I'll be shocked if USAG still exists a year from now. At this point, further organizational shakeups are like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

I personally don't think a new organization is the answer. The answer is learning from mistakes and changing what needs to be changed, and moving forward and doing better. The other answer is people letting them move on instead of acting like the only answer is to destroy USA Gymnastics (Not you, munchkin3. I just feel like there are some out there that no matter what USAG does, it won't be good enough and they only want to keep beating USAG over the head until they kill it completely.)
I get what you are saying. But im thinking more like, USAG has gotten so big, and has so many LEGAL problems, it almost cant do the right thing......sometimes cutting ties and starting fresh isn't a bad thing......but i don't know enough about the 'organization' to be able to say......
if there was some 'other' governing body, my guess is it would have to come from USOC bunch?
theoretically can simone biles start her own organization? (not really meaning her, I was just using her as an example of a different kind of organization)

All the experience in the world does not matter if you won’t even talk to the community. Countless high level (long standing well know.n) coaches tried to contact her ... Nada.... she put up a brick wall . She thought she knew it all apparently.....

All the experience in the world does not matter if you won’t even talk to the community. Countless high level (long standing well know.n) coaches tried to contact her ... Nada.... she put up a brick wall . She thought she knew it all apparently.....
I think it had more to do with she was put in a no win situation. Come in and be the face of the USAG and talk about change but then not being really able to talk candidly about the past because of pending lawsuits that could cause the financial ruin of her organization.

Until the smoke is cleared with all the lawsuits I don't see anyone able to come in and really "fall on their sword" regarding the past...which from what I have read is what a lot of people are looking for.

I personally think she was overconfident and has the personality that leads her to beleive she knew all the answers. She took no advice nor did she, by accounts, ask for any. She knew the situation going in and felt she could come out on top. I am sorry she was not successful because her failure just adds flame to the dumpster fire that is USAG.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back