Kickover + Miscellaneous

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ZZMom

Proud Parent
Today ZZ did a kickover on the floor by herself! Last week she was able to do these with her feet elevated on a panel mat for the first time and something seems to have clicked for her. :)

Since this was her first real accomplishment in gymnastics, she was very proud of herself.

We've now had her at the gym we selected for three months and continue to be happy. In addition to the kickover, ZZ can do a nice forward roll on the floor, a nice backward roll on the cheese (when she feels like it), headstands and handstands against the wall, pullover using the wall to walk up and almost a pullover on the low bar without a wall, etc. The nice thing continues to be that anything she accomplishes is done without spotting intervention. I know I might seem a bit crazy about the no spotting thing ;) but I've seen the results of too much spotting, so ...

I'm hoping that ZZ will develop confidence in herself at this young age (4 1/2) that she will be able to depend on as she moves up in the levels (or somewhere else in her life if she decides to not do gymnastics).

Best Wishes,

ZZMom

That's great! I love it when you can see that something has clicked and they get it.

My DD (7) has just got the back bend by herself, after practising hard for the past few weeks. I love seeing her happy when she gets something! Now she has to work on getting back up again. She is not really up to kickovers yet.

Thanks guys,

She is having fun and it is cute to see how proud she is when she does something.

Best Wishes,

ZZMom

Way to go ZZ! I love seeing my daughter get so excited when she gets something for the first time. Her face just lights up. It sounds like your daughter is doing great and is picking up things very quickly on her own. Way to go! :)

She was asked to join the gym's developmental program last night. :) It sounds like gym follows the same structure and has the same coaches for this program. I think it will continue to be a positive experience for her.

I know I've mentioned ZZ's older sister here (other places on the site) who was a level 10 gymnast and the tops program coach for a much more serious gym. We know that the "serious gym" would be very interested in a tiny, flexible gymnast with parents who have been around the block and know the commitment needed. It's a long story but at this point, it amounts to that we love little ZZ too much and know that she isn't really ready to be a tough little tops kid to take her to the more competitive gym.

Gymnastics is "a marathon" to steal from another frequest poster on this site :) and ZZ is 4 1/2 and fragile in ways I'm not ready to talk about here. I can't explain how happy it makes me to see her joy in learning new things and how positive and sweet the atmosphere is at her gym.

Tots Rule!

ZZMom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back