Parents Kip fairy is out making rounds

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Last week dd got bit by the kip fairy and did her kip. She was so excited and proud of herself. She almost has her long hang kip too. That has been her goal and was just so excited to have gotten it. She also did her back walkover on the mid beam with no spot and started to work her layout. She has been a very busy little gymmie. Thanks for letting me share.

Conrats to your daughter! She must be so proud to see all of her hard work paying off!! New skills are the best reward!

Last week dd got bit by the kip fairy and did her kip. She was so excited and proud of herself. She almost has her long hang kip too. That has been her goal and was just so excited to have gotten it. She also did her back walkover on the mid beam with no spot and started to work her layout. She has been a very busy little gymmie. Thanks for letting me share.

Congrats on that huge skill! Nice work on that BWO too.

Can you send that fairy up here, little Bog had the kip then it went away, now they changed our rules up here and she needs it to compete at her level this year.

Congrats to her on that kip!!!!:D After the kip fairy is done at Bog's...send her over here too. My dd has such bad rips from working that kip so hard!:(

Thank you all. I will send that Kip fairy out for some more rounds. I think a few of our team mates are wanting her to stick around in our area for a bit though. Only 3 of our new 5's have gotten their kips so I don't know if they are going to let her flit out our gym just yet. Best of luck to you all. Now I just hope she can keep it for a year till she needs it. Now time to perfect it.

Congrats to your dd! Sounds like she is on a roll!
Can you also send the bar fairy over here? DD is sooo close to getting her kip and she really wants to get it before the season starts.

good for your girl! Yes, please do remind the kip fairy to make extra rounds! My DD is so close! She's getting 1 finger spots. She actually had a play date with one of her friends who is really good on bars and she was actually coaching her. It was very cute and actually very effective. It is tough to watch them so close to a skill.

At least she FINALLY got her front hip circle. I was sure she was gonna get her kip before her front hip.

Hopefully.... this week. Oh... she did get gymnast of the week and she is very excited!

Wow, Congrats to your daughter!! That is such a hard skill. PLEASE send that fairy this way!! My daughter is really struggling with the kip right now. She is trying so hard and developing bad habits because of it. She is scared some of the younger gymmies will progress faster to the next level without her...they are 7 and have their kip although not pretty but my DD is 9 and very stressed out about it!!

It amazes me how they get stressed out over these skills. I am officially releasing the kip fairy. DD has the straight arm kip on the low bar and her long hand kip on the high bar...... So I think it is safe to say her job is done here for now. Now can we have the keep the kip fairy move in since DD doesn't need the skill for another year????

Best of luck to all of you working on the kip. Half of our Level 5 team is still struggling to get it so I can feel all of your pain. As our coach told us, right now a kip is a kip they can make it pretty over the up coming months.

Awesome job on the kip! Mine got hers this summer, too and her long hang kip as well. Her bar coach is really awesome and keeps them challenged at whatever level they need to be. I am thinking by the time Abby needs her kip, it will be so easy for her. I imagine she will have to get grips before then though (they all use grips at level 5 at her gym) so she will have to relearn things with grips, but that is part of gym life. :) She gets to do her squat on and jump to high bar as well and she loves that. She won't be doing level 5 till next fall.

Sounds like she got some other great skills as well. I imagine once she turns 7, the sky will be the limit for her.

Last edited:
Mariposa~

DD got her grips over a month ago. So when she is up training with the 5's she is only doing bars with her grips. She is not even allowed to ask to use them for level 4 practice but she is allowed to use them for all level 5 practices and if she is doing her kips. She has been lucky that they ordered her some when they ordered the girls that are moving to the next level. So we have spent a large part of the summer breaking them in and training with them. DD was complaining her hands were KILLING her with out them the other day. Best of luck

Our usually get them as a team and when they have their kip consistent, and long hang kip and good tap swings. I imagine she won't get them until next summer. Not sure. There are 2 girls that are already in them that are repeating level 4 and they will use their grips for meets because they have relearned everything with them. Mine was anxious to get them when she first went to the new gym because all the L4s had them, but then move ups happened and now most don't have them. AND, the 2 that do complain about them. So she is fine not having them now. Her little hands are always all torn up though. :(

I can only imagine how cute and tiny your DDs grips are! I hope they keep her challenged this year as she competes 4.

Thank you Mariposa~

DD is working hard and I have to say she is forbidden to wear her grips with Level 4 training. Even though she has learned all her skills with them. According to her now she has gotten used to them her hands KILL her with Level 4 practice. Mind you we have not had a rip since May (which I am thankful for). I think it is a ploy on her part to try to get to use them. She practices 2 days with the 5's so she does train with them then. The gym is doing their best to keep her challanged. DD has been killing herself on our tramp trying a half. She says she wants to be the youngest to be able to do on in the gym. At least she has goals. LOL.

I will tell you I pummised DD hands daily and I think that helped with her rips. dry skin and friction. I wish your little gymmie the best

Thanks so much for sending that fairy our way!! DD Alex got her kip this weekend. Only did it twice so I hope it sticks. It was at the very end of open gym so she left with a huge smile on her face instead of the frustration she has felt for the last month or so!! It sure is nice to see!! I will set the Kip fairy free now to help some other little gymmie out there!!

Someone must have sent the fairy our way too! DD got hers this past week! Now she has a week off from gym! I hope the kip stays, or else we will need the fairy back....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back