Off Topic Knee injury?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
So I'm not sure exactly what happened with my knee but it just started hurting on the inner side of the knee cap (and under it). I'm not sure what tendon or bone or whatever it is but I have an MRI scheduled to check it out. So this is weird. Today at bars I was fine, except for having to do a flyaway full which hurt so I stopped. Then I went to floor and we had to do routines with minimal tumbling (so, back tucks and FHS fronts) and those really hurt my knee so I iced. But when we went to beam, I decided to work bwo to straddle so I wouldn't but any weight on my knee. Then when it stopped hurting I went on to aerials, and i've NEVER done it without mats before. I did it today, I got my aerial. But then we went to tumble track where my coach had as doing 3/2 and 2/1 twisting. I tried but a round off hurt so she told me to do flexibility. Then we went to an event we needed work on so I went to beam to work my aerials. I then saw my tumble track coach talking to my beam coach and they kept looking at me. Is it weird I can do aerials on beam but not tumble on tumble track with this injury?? (I however don't land on the injured knee on aerials).

Nothing is weird with an injury, everybody is different.
Until you get it figured out (agree with MRI and appt with ortho or sports medicine doc), avoid activities that make it worse. If it is a sprain/strain, rest will help anyway. If it is a partial ligament tear, and you push it, you can make it worse.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back