Knee Pain?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
Yestarday at gymnastics, i think i might have hyper-extended my knee, but i am not sure. I was doing front handspring front tucks on the tumble trak and landed with stiff legs i guess, and it felt like me knee hyper-extended a little bit. But after that, i kept tumbling and did vault and everything and it just stopped hurting and i forgot about it. But when i got home, it started hurting again, and so i put ice on it. Now, when i woke up in the morning, it still hurts, but not as bad. It hurts like, on the outside of my left knee. Does anyone know what this is or what is could be from? What can i do to make it stop hurting? I have gym again today, so should i still tumble on it, even if it isn't hurting then??

u mite want to tell ur coach so he or she knows that if u are not running or tumbling as hard as u usually do that is why. it probly is hyperextended, but u mite want to look into a knee problem called ozgoodshlaters(sorry i dont know how to spell it) if there is a bump just below your knee that is what it could be. i found out that i had it earlier this year and it is verry painfull. i hope i helped and i hope ur knee feels better. :)

Tell your coach. Ice and rest it. If the pain doesn't go away, then go see your doctor.

wow i did the same thing! on tumble trak i did a front hand spring front tuck and landed with straight legs. then i kept going on with practice and forgot about it but when i got home it was swollen and i couldnt bend it. plus it hurt! i limped around for the entire week. i went to practice but only conditioned, i couldn't do any event! but after a week i was able to bend it again and i was fine. i guess it wasnt anything serious haha. so give it a week but if it still is hurting then you probably should go to the doctor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back