knee problem

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

LeoLuver

my knee has been hurting:eek:uch:me everytime i do something like a handstand or cartwheel on my floor beam and my mat in my living room. and it started about 2-3 weeks ago. i didnt fall on it where it would really hurt and ive been icing it and wraping it up but nothing works. and i stopped doing stuff for like a week but nothing. what else can i do about it? is there anything 2 make it better?:confused:
:beam:

I don't know of anything else you can do at home, but the only advice i can give you is to see a sports medicine doctor. They must surely know. It's probably a good idea to get it healed up before summer ends so you're good for competition season (if you compete).

Last summer i hurt my achilles(sp) and did physio over the summer and was all good by competition season. Hopefully it's just minor but i would def get it checked out so it doesn't get any worse.

good luck! let us know how you're doing.

Yea I would have to agree with Robindq. If the basics aren't making your knee any better, it's time to see someone that can tell you what exactly is wrong and how to fix it.

I would also see a doctor just in case. If you didn't fall on it, it could be an overuse injury or an instability. I get (and I suspect so do many gymnasts) instability injuries because my ligaments are so flexible. My joints don't always say in place like they should. I've fixed some of my pain through physical therapy. I often have one muscle that's "weaker" than the rest that causes instability. So PT may help in your case.

What part of the knee hurts? Inner side, outer side, inside the knee, under the kneecap? Does it hurt to walk? Does it hurt to tighten your leg muscles? Does it pop? Keep icing for now, and I'd ask your coach while you're waiting for your doctor's appointment. Coaches get pretty good at knowing what ligaments are where!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back