Parents KT Tape class action settlement

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've always been curious about what the big deal is, other than it's precut (right?) and often in cute colors. Now I have the answer...

I actually think it's quite different - but far from the miracle cure they present. There's a stretch to it that's not in regular athletic tape and I find it holds stronger. However dd HATES it because it rips off all her hair. But again, far from a cure all.

It is definitely different than regular tape, stretchier and sticks much better to the skin. Reg tape is good for wrapping around body parts, where it can stick to itself again. But try running a strip of regular tape down the side of a knee or across a shoulder and make it stick through a meet or workout. KT is just not the great cure-all they would have liked people to believe, but has it's uses.

I wonder if RockTape will have a similar settlement.

I do agree with the others, there is a definite difference between these tapes and normal athletic tape. The stretchiness helps and also, what ever the adhesive is it doesn't give my kids quite as bad of a skin reaction as they get from normal first aid tape (or bandaids, or paper tape...). They end up a little red and inflamed; but not the blisters that they get from the others. And it definitely stays on longer (unless on a sweaty area like the feet). I never really bought into the premise that it was doing something for blood flow...

Too bad it's only in the USA. And remind me to grab some next time I'm cross border shopping! So cheap there!

That being said we don't use it here to prevent injury, and dd doesn't use it much any more but my son plays baseball and he likes the feel of it on his pitching arm and his shins when they hurt. Placebo effect is my guess but I'm okay with that!

Too bad it's only in the USA. And remind me to grab some next time I'm cross border shopping! So cheap there!

That being said we don't use it here to prevent injury, and dd doesn't use it much any more but my son plays baseball and he likes the feel of it on his pitching arm and his shins when they hurt. Placebo effect is my guess but I'm okay with that!
Taping shins can definitely help, it’s just that KT take is not the cure that they said they were.

when my gymmie sprained her ankle and did something to her knee, we used the tape. it was about giving those areas support.

i am currently doing PT for upper body posture and alignment that got out of whack with back issues/surgery. they used KT tape on me at my PT's office the first day and i hated it. it gave me a headache. it was supposed to take some of the pressure off an area where i pinched a nerve and it's left me with a numb area on my arm. it just made my neck hurt.

Reactions: sce
when my gymmie sprained her ankle and did something to her knee, we used the tape. it was about giving those areas support.

i am currently doing PT for upper body posture and alignment that got out of whack with back issues/surgery. they used KT tape on me at my PT's office the first day and i hated it. it gave me a headache. it was supposed to take some of the pressure off an area where i pinched a nerve and it's left me with a numb area on my arm. it just made my neck hurt.
That likely has to do with how and where it was applied — practitioner fault rather than the tape itself.

That likely has to do with how and where it was applied — practitioner fault rather than the tape itself.
could be. i hated how they attached it to the side of my neck. the pinched nerve is in the rotator cuff area according to one of my therapists. maybe if they attached it to the back of my neck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back