Kyla Ross is out! :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Very sorry to see this. She is such a great athlete and a great person. I hope whatever she decides to do, she is happy.

I'm kind of devastated for Kyla. But I think she is making the right decision. She had an outstanding Elite career -- Olympic team Champion, Worlds and Nationals medalist. But the truth is after her performance this year there is no way Marta would send her to worlds and without upgrades -- that she could actually hit -- she would not go to Rio either. Its time for Kyla to go to NCAA where she will be a total star.

I am so so so sad for her though. Seems so unfair that she hung in all these years and now ally and gabby get to go and she doesn't. but I guess nothing about sports is "fair."
I feel awful for Kyla, but I don't think we should look down at all on what Aly and Gabby are doing. They are both older than Kyla so probably have as much time in the sport if not more (Aly definitely does). They took a break and what they have done so far is really quite remarkable. I still don't think either of them are locks for Rio though. They still have a lot of work to do, but if they continue down the path they are then kudos to both of them.

Kyla is going to be an amazing collegiate athlete. She's been an outstanding role model and has an Olympic Gold medal to show for her efforts.

I'm hoping maybe she just needs to rest and re-coup to possibly come back next year for Rio....she just looked really tired and stressed at both Classic and P&Gs. She is a beautiful gymnast and I hope she can continue with elite...if not, I think her NCAA career will be fantastic!!

Kyla is going to be an amazing collegiate athlete. She's been an outstanding role model and has an Olympic Gold medal to show for her efforts.
and how many worlds and nationals medals? Kyla has had an amazing elite career. But I always thought that she had her head on her shoulders more so than the average young athlete. I think that, like Jordyn, she will go to college and move on to a wonderful adult life in some wonderful profession. Lets all pray for Kyla and hope she knows how much she is loved.

Two interesting observations from someone who is still fairly new to gymnastics compared to a lot of you guys: A) As a baseball fan, it's hard to get used to the superstars coming and going so quickly! I cheered for Derek Jeter for twenty years...and B) Living in a college basketball town, it's so different that gymnasts often have their "pro" careers (elite/Olympic) BEFORE college...this is a crazy (but awesome :) ) sport!!!

Two interesting observations from someone who is still fairly new to gymnastics compared to a lot of you guys: A) As a baseball fan, it's hard to get used to the superstars coming and going so quickly! I cheered for Derek Jeter for twenty years...and B) Living in a college basketball town, it's so different that gymnasts often have their "pro" careers (elite/Olympic) BEFORE college...this is a crazy (but awesome :) ) sport!!!

As they say , it is part of the deal. It is just the reality in this sport. Girls peak in gymnastics in their mid to late teens. Then with growth spurts and other body changes its basically over.

One good thing is that you can often follow gymnasts from elite to college. Courtney Kupets, Bridget Sloan, Courtney McCool all were successful elites that blossomed in college.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back