Kyla Ross

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kyla is a role model in so many ways. Outstanding gymnast. Hard worker. gracious and poised under pressure. Sweet and charming. But here is what puts me over the top with her -- she insists on living a normal life. She goes to public school and she did not go pro. She plans to do NCAA I think at Stanford.

I totally understand why girls go pro. Their gymnastics careers are over when their peers' lives have not even really begun. They want to make money while they can.

But then what? We see from watching the girls in their post Olympic years how they struggle. I think the girls who do the best in life are the girls who go from elite to NCAA and make the transition that way.

She is what you see. As is her coach Jenny.

I stayed at the same San Jose hotel for trials as some of her family and I bumped into her aunt on the tram one day. She had nothing but good words for Kyla.

I just think she comes from genuinely nice people and trains with them too.

I also know that the USA is close to 100 perfect routines in International meets. They do not fall, they are confident and they have game face. They also work very hard to save routines.

Last edited:
I absolutely love Kyla Ross! She is one of DD's favorite gymnasts (even though DD's body style is nothing like Kyla's!) and she always tries to think about how Kyla (and now Simone, whose body style DD does resemble) would do it in the gym. Her coach has said she is impressed with the poise and maturity DD has been showing in the gym this year so I plan on continuing to encourage these two ladies to be her role models.

In addition to being a beautiful gymnast, Kyla is a wonderful young lady. We took our girls to the P & G Championships this year and one of my girls spotted Kyla walking across the street with her coaches, probably on the way to a practice session. DD called out to her and Kyla turned around and waited for the girls to dash across the street and very graciously took photos with both of them. What a sweetheart. She could have easily pretended not to hear them and ignore them.

Love Kyla Ross! She is one of my daughter's idols. Like others here, as a mom, I appreciate her as a role model. I could watch her do gymnastics all day...

What everyone else said. :) Kyla is a very nice normal teenage girl. She can even be seen attending compulsory meets to cheer her teammates on and sitting with them during awards. The same can be said about Howie and Jenny, very nice people.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back