WAG L10 beam -what are these skill values?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

josie55

Proud Parent
Curious about L10 beam. First question is what is required in terms of skills / connections?
Second question is: what is the value of a front aerial? And what about front aerial to scale? And does front aerial to scale, to side aerial get a connection bonus?

and to be clear, my dd and her coach know what they’re doing, but I like to try to understand in the background :)

I am sure someone will be able to give you the skills values soon but in the mean time, these cheat sheets really helped me when my dd was climbing the levels. Just so I understood better why she was getting deducted, etc. Especially in 9/10 with all of the connection values. If you look on the right side, the cheat sheets are there. They are pdfs so I couldn't provide the direct URL

Thanks, @gymgal . I can follow the vaults in those sheets but oh my gosh the rest is like another language! Makes me once again appreciate the skill and intelligence it takes to be a judge. I have checked out a couple of websites (eg gymnastics wiki) but they are inconsistent. One says the aerial to scale is a C, one says D and one says E. Perhaps @thefellowsmom will see this and enlighten me.

According to the chart linked above, front aerial is a D (7.2 row, D column), front aerial to scale is a E (7.2 row, E column).
The front aerial is also a D in FIG while the front aerial to scale isn't in the code anymore.

Thanks, @gymgal . I can follow the vaults in those sheets but oh my gosh the rest is like another language! Makes me once again appreciate the skill and intelligence it takes to be a judge. I have checked out a couple of websites (eg gymnastics wiki) but they are inconsistent. One says the aerial to scale is a C, one says D and one says E. Perhaps @thefellowsmom will see this and enlighten me.
Yeah, it can be difficult to read initially but just take it piece by piece. L9/10 is a whole different ballgame with all the connections and start values. By the time my dd was in L10 for a few years, I had it down pretty well. Then I had to learn the NCAA COP, which has some differences from JO. o_O

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back