WAG L3 floor deductions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
Does anyone know how big the deduction is for moving the feet after landing in the bridge in the handstand-bridge kickover in the L3 floor routine? What about for feet that bounce when landing the backwards roll to push-up position?

In level 3, they are allowed to step their bad foot inward toward the hands after the feet land before they kick over.
I don't think so, they land both feet and then lift one leg to kick over. Neither foot should shift on the floor once they land the bridge.

I don't think so, they land both feet and then lift one leg to kick over. Neither foot should shift on the floor once they land the bridge.

The text states:

"Immediately kick the Right leg overhead while pushing off the floor with the Left leg to execute a BACK KICK-OVER. (It is acceptable to move/adjust the Left foot in as the Right leg initiates the kick.)"

This is incorrect. The specific verbiage in the text states:

"Immediately kick the Right leg overhead while pushing off the floor with the Left leg to execute a BACK KICK-OVER. (It is acceptable to move/adjust the Left foot as the Right leg initiates the kick.)"

Haha...I was just trying to post a screenshot of that! I STILL can't figure out how to post a pic, I changed the settings?! Oh well. The above is what I saw too. :)

Love that video--it makes me want to become a judge just so I can understand what's going on. Thanks for the info. I was hoping the deductions were bigger--they are not enough to explain my kid's latest score on floor!

Love that video--it makes me want to become a judge just so I can understand what's going on. Thanks for the info. I was hoping the deductions were bigger--they are not enough to explain my kid's latest score on floor!

There are so many things that can lead to deductions. Bent legs, bent arms, leg separations, split angles on leaps and jumps... You can post video of the routine and people will give you feedback on possible me deductions

There are so many things that can lead to deductions. Bent legs, bent arms, leg separations, split angles on leaps and jumps... You can post video of the routine and people will give you feedback on possible me deductions

Sadly, I did not get a good video of the routine. I could hardly even see part of it. I am sure bent arms, bent legs, and leg separation were all involved. I just didn't think it was *that* much worse than the last meet's routine!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back