L5 floor deduction question?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
What is the deduction in the L5 floor routine for a ROBHSBHS with form errors...(bent legs and/or legs apart)? 2nd BHS is better than the first but both are with legs bent and/or separated. Is there a deduction for each BHS...or is it taken together?

Yes there is a deduction for form issues on each BHS but it's impossible to say what the overall deduction would be for your daughter's specific case. It depends on the degree of the problems and what problems there are. Bent arms and legs are up to .2 for each BHS. Again it depends on the degree. If the second is better she may get less deductions on that one.

Actually bent arms and legs are both up to .3 each and leg separation would be up to .2. It is all in the degree to which the execution error occurs. Extreme bent legs would be a .3 deduction, medium would be a .2, kind of bent legs would be .1 and tiny bends are .05. Same with arms. So, if she is extreme on her first and only medium on her second she could likely be receiving .8 (.3 bent legs, .3 bent arms, .2 leg separation) on the first backhandspring and .5 (.2 bent legs, .2 bent arms, .1 separation) on the second. This doesn't take into account the additional deductions that are specific to the L5 BHS skills. This includes an up to .2 deduction for lack of acceleration in the series. Obviously, without seeing the series I can't say for sure how extreme her leg bend is...just speculating.

A good place to find all of this information is: http://www.usa-gymnastics.org/PDFs/Women/Junior%20Olympics/penalties_sectionrev.pdf It shows all the general deductions as well as major element specific deductions.

Wow, that PDF makes me wonder how anyone ever gets higher than a 0.0!:eek: Yikes...

Thanks to both of you for the info. I wish I could post a video of her BHS, but we aren't allowed to video at our gym.:(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back