Parents L5 State Meet Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Gymgirls

Proud Parent
Hi. I've been having computer troubles at home. I think my hard drive died. Anyway, I haven't been on here much as a result for the last couple months. Just thought I'd share that DD finished her L5 season a couple weeks ago. The meet was good, but the judging was super tough. We were in the very first 8am session. DD had what I thought was her best beam routine and best vault of the season, but her scores showed no improvements. Oh well. It is what it is, and I thought she did great regardless!! :D

They started on bars, which was perfect. Bars have been dd's nemesis all year long, so I always like to get the worst out of the way. Bars had been looking lots better in practice, but it didn't come together for the meet. Pauses after both the high bar and low bar kips and not very high casts. Tap swings looked a lot better, but probably could have been higher. Not too bad I guess considering that we had notorious Judge Judy again!

Beam was awesome. The least amount of wobbles I've seen her do all season. This definitely looked way better. Still a few little things and she lost her balance on the fish pose.

Floor was so beautiful, minus the back extension roll. This is DD's other problem skill. The rest of her routine looked so good, but she arched badly on the back extension roll. I'm guessing she was not given credit for the skill as I'm not sure if she actually hit a handstand due to the big arch, and it was her 2nd lowest score of the season. When they flashed her score I couldn't believe it was hers, since minus that, the rest looked so good.

We ended on vault, and DD actually popped for the first time all season. I was so happy for her. Vault is definitely improving.

Bars - 7.45
Beam - 8.575
Floor - 8.25
Vault - 8.45
AA - 32.7

No medals, but DD was just so excited to have a good beam routine and a good vault, so she wasn't too bothered with not placing on anything. For the time being she's having loads of fun uptraining L6 skills. Move-ups are at the beginning of May, and I fully expect DD to be in L5 again, so at least she'll have next year to improve and hopefully get the troublesome skills nailed down over the summer.

Oh, I posted some pics from the meet in the album on my profile if you would like to take a look. Still no video camera yet, but at least I got some good action photos.

Congratualtions on making it to States, that alone is a big acheivment. SOunds like she had a great meet and that you are very proud. WHat could be better than that?

Nice to have you around again. We have had some issues here too, we actually disappeared for a four days last week!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back