Parents L6 beam requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
I know L6 beam requires flight or a series. Can the series include the dismount? In other words, would a BWO-BT dismount fulfill the requirement? If not, would HS-BWO count as a series?

Amiandjim is correct. The dismount cannot be included as one of the value parts of the series, but the series can be connected to the dismount, ie gymnast doesn't have to stop or pause after the series, they can go right into the dismount. And yes, a handstand can count as one element in a series at both level 6 and 7, but must be held for 2 sec to count as an element.

Yes BWO BWO is a series. However, it’s a fairly risky one bc if the first walkover doesn’t land on the beam, they lose 0.5 for the fall and 0.5 for not meeting the SR.

Yes BWO BWO is a series. However, it’s a fairly risky one bc if the first walkover doesn’t land on the beam, they lose 0.5 for the fall and 0.5 for not meeting the SR.
You can always recover from this. If the first BWO didn’t get any part of the foot on the beam, it doesn’t even count, so they can repeat the BWO-BWO series. If any part of the foot is on the beam before the fall, they need to get back up and have an alternative ready, like HS-BWO, FWO-BWO, etc. Then you only lose .5 for the fall and can still meet the SR.

We had a girl do a round-off BT dismount last year and that met the requirement. She had a single back walkover in the middle of the routine.

The round off probably counted for the requirement because it is a flight skill. Had it been something like a cartwheel or BWO that wouldn’t have counted. My DD did a BWO- CW for her series last year, they just cautioned it had to flow to be counted as a series.

Yes, since requirement is a single flight skill OR non-flight series for level 6, the round-off counts.

You can always recover from this. If the first BWO didn’t get any part of the foot on the beam, it doesn’t even count, so they can repeat the BWO-BWO series. If any part of the foot is on the beam before the fall, they need to get back up and have an alternative ready, like HS-BWO, FWO-BWO, etc. Then you only lose .5 for the fall and can still meet the SR.

Well, sure. I guess I don’t understand why take the risk if you have an alternative series anyway?

Cartwheel Cartwheel also counts as a series if you are looking for options. And Round off as a flight element. DD has a good roundoff as she works on her Backhandspring always good to have back up plans :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back