WAG L7 Floor Deduction question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pinklemonadeliz

Proud Parent
Quick question....

Does a small stumble coming out of a tumbling pass count as a fall?? My dd said they counted the small stumble after her second tumbling pass as a fall. She got a 9.450 as it was but she was bummed thinking it would have been a half point higher had that not counted as a fall (which means she would have totally won). It's all over & done at this point, but I think she's having a "could've" moment.

What do you think??

I didn't see any stumbles that would count as a fall, she would have had to have sat it down or put her hands down. Probably a small deduction for landing short and the step back. Otherwise it was a pretty floor routine!

Quick question....

Does a small stumble coming out of a tumbling pass count as a fall?? My dd said they counted the small stumble after her second tumbling pass as a fall. She got a 9.450 as it was but she was bummed thinking it would have been a half point higher had that not counted as a fall (which means she would have totally won). It's all over & done at this point, but I think she's having a "could've" moment.

What do you think??

I came up with a 9.4. That was just a step, probably .05-.1. The main deductions were not hitting 180 degrees on the straddle jump and the leap (Up to .2 each). And the leap appeared uneven (up to .2). Other than that, it was pretty good. But she did not count a fall.

Under rotated and large step may be what they took. There were other form deduction that judges in NC may have been a little more brutal on but it was a pretty good routine.

Thanks, everyone, for the input! :) I was pretty sure it was more likely a combination of smaller things than that (and couldn't possibly believe that little stumble counted as a fall).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back