L8 states the great the good and the ugly!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

On a positive note she got her highest vault, floor, and AA for the year at states. The most positive was a second place on vault with 9.4 of the 14 yr old session! In the regional age group of 13-14 she still placed 5th out of 58 on vault. She even only did one vault because her ankles were hurting terribly.
She added a few smiles on floor which helped but forgot to front pike instead of messy layout. 8.9
Bars was pretty good. 1st place was only 8.9 she got 8.5 good for 8th place of 14 yr olds.
The ugly....beam. Yep 2 falls again! She has an awesome beam routine stuck solid at practice and falls at every meet! UGH. 8.125
AA 34.925 If all had gone as is and she stayed on beam she could have had a 35.925 which would've been 3rd place:(

So proud of all her hard work. On to level 9, she hopes. And taking some time to rest ankle, off to ortho tomorrow.[video=youtube;j1Rx7dHL6dY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Rx7dHL6dY[/video]

Congrats to your DD on 3 personal bests at States (my DD also had 3 PB at L8 states, lol)! Awesome about her placements too! Hope her ankle will be ok soon... Uptraining will be fun!

Solid finish to the season, even with the falls. You take out the falls and one little wiggle somewhere and she scores a 36! Enjoy working on the 9 skills! I hope her ankle is ok

I read that report and thought she did awesomely well. Medalling at any meet is great in my eyes. Heck just getting to States is special.

great job, now onto uptraining.

I like that transition she does between the bars. sportyfam5 mentioned before that they all do it at that gym. Out our way, I never see that at level 8.
Out of the 14 yr old group our 2 girls and maybe one other did it. The rest do pirouettes. There was another girl who did shoot over too. It helps them get ready for L9 I guess.

Out of the 14 yr old group our 2 girls and maybe one other did it. The rest do pirouettes. There was another girl who did shoot over too. It helps them get ready for L9 I guess.

I just saw your post. Congratulations to your DD. I recognize the states championship venue, Rochester Gymnastics. They have a very strong group of gymnasts. I don't think they have anyone in your daughter's age group. But they dominated both the 8-11 and 12 year old division. They took 3 spots of the 7 super team members. Their scores were unbelievable. Their top scorer got over a 39 and the other two were right behind with around 38s. I've got to say, I think this is a great indication of great coaching. Nowhere in our area at least do you see the entire team consistently do well.

BTW, does your daughter always hit her fit on the mat on her release to the lower bar? If she doesn't, she could have easily scored a 9 on that bar routine. I think that accounts for a fall. Nonetheless, congratulations again. Is she going to Level 9 next year?

they dominated both the 8-11 and 12 year old division. They took 3 spots of the 7 super team members. Their scores were unbelievable. Their top scorer got over a 39 and the other two were right behind with around 38s. I've got to say, I think this is a great indication of great coaching. Nowhere in our area at least do you see the entire team consistently do well

We're in a different State but also had some crazy scores in Jr A (older 11's and under) top 6 stops were all 38+. My dd with a mid-37 was only #13!

I just saw your post. Congratulations to your DD. I recognize the states championship venue, Rochester Gymnastics. They have a very strong group of gymnasts. I don't think they have anyone in your daughter's age group. But they dominated both the 8-11 and 12 year old division. They took 3 spots of the 7 super team members. Their scores were unbelievable. Their top scorer got over a 39 and the other two were right behind with around 38s. I've got to say, I think this is a great indication of great coaching. Nowhere in our area at least do you see the entire team consistently do well.

BTW, does your daughter always hit her fit on the mat on her release to the lower bar? If she doesn't, she could have easily scored a 9 on that bar routine. I think that accounts for a fall. Nonetheless, congratulations again. Is she going to Level 9 next year?

Yes RGA is incredible. I was always concerned that the girls were coached "rough" however they are not. I see them having fun too so that's good. I saw the girl who got over a 39. It was truly unbelievable!

My DD did not used to hit her feet ( 3 years ago when she was shorter). Now she does but is really working on fixing that. Her goal this past year was to go L9 so she really hopes to next year. She had some blocks over the summer and didn't really push. Plus we were anticipating enough girls for a L8 team which at L9 we would not have.

We're in a different State but also had some crazy scores in Jr A (older 11's and under) top 6 stops were all 38+. My dd with a mid-37 was only #13!

Certain age groups (younger) had all top scores of 37 or above. Even high 36's barely made regional all stars.
Congrats on our DDs success!! mid 37 is VERY hard to do.

It is my understanding that many (all?) of the RGA kids are home schooled and train 20+ hours a week...even at the compulsory levels. I do agree that the coaches do not seem rough at all, and the girls seem to have a good time with each other when they are out of competition mood. All their girls do lovely gymnastics, they are obviously coached very well.

It is my understanding that many (all?) of the RGA kids are home schooled and train 20+ hours a week...even at the compulsory levels. I do agree that the coaches do not seem rough at all, and the girls seem to have a good time with each other when they are out of competition mood. All their girls do lovely gymnastics, they are obviously coached very well.

I have heard that home-schooled and possibly special diets. I guess it pays off!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back