Parents L8 Straddleback

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmom2020

Proud Parent
Does anyone who has a L8, do a straddleback instead of the pirouette handstand? My daughters coach is saying she will do a straddleback instead and to look online at level 8 routines with it, but I can’t find any. Does anyone know what a routine would include in L8 where you straddleback?

Does anyone who has a L8, do a straddleback instead of the pirouette handstand? My daughters coach is saying she will do a straddleback instead and to look online at level 8 routines with it, but I can’t find any. Does anyone know what a routine would include in L8 where you straddleback?

I haven’t personally seen a L8 routine with a straddle back, but my daughter did a bail instead of a pirouette at L8. I would imagine the routine would be something like: kip cast to squat on, jump to high bar, swing to straddle back, kip cast handstand, sole circle, jump to high bar, kip cast handstand, clear hip handstand, giant, giant, flyaway.

I haven’t personally seen a L8 routine with a straddle back, but my daughter did a bail instead of a pirouette at L8. I would imagine the routine would be something like: kip cast to squat on, jump to high bar, swing to straddle back, kip cast handstand, sole circle, jump to high bar, kip cast handstand, clear hip handstand, giant, giant, flyaway.
Did your daughter learn to pirouette? Mine was doing them and then they stopped to teach her the straddleback and she’s worried it’s going to take a long time to learn before her L8 competition season.

Did your daughter learn to pirouette? Mine was doing them and then they stopped to teach her the straddleback and she’s worried it’s going to take a long time to learn before her L8 competition season.

She did eventually learn to pirouette on the low and high bar, but it was a struggle. It wasn’t consistent until the end of summer after her L8 season. She still didn’t prefer to pirouette, and avoided it in her L9 routine by mounting on the high bar before doing her bail and doing a toe-hand to toe shoot from low to high bar in place of the pirouette.

One of our Level 8s does a straddleback. She mounts to the high bar. I THINK it goes: run, hit the springboard, half turn to catch the high bar, kip- cast- clear hip - swing forward - straddleback - low bar kip-cast squat on- high bar uprise - clear hip - flyaway. She is currently competing high school, so she isn't in our gym practicing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back