MAG L9 ring routine construction question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
Is it still forbidden to do two different types of yamawakis in L9 (i.e., tucked and piked)?

Yes. L8&9 can only perform one honma (yamawaki) skill per EG. pike yami- tuck yami to cross would be OK. Pike - tuck would not.
KRC

Thanks!

Progress is being made, but apparently it's not fun when you're swinging hard and you forget to turn the rings out properly -- and then because you're mad about slamming your heels into the rings, you do it again. Or so I hear.

SO, you can do the 2nd yamiwaki to a skill like a strength move..but just not 2 in a row....?

Reactions: sce
@skschlag Correct - one swinging yami skill plus one swing to strength. (Cross or support, planche doesn't count.) 2x yami is not allowed at L8-9, but ok for L10.
@profmom better than hitting the ring your head. I can vouch for that. :)

KRC

Thanks. Pretty sure D will be a 10 next year, and he doesn't have one yet...so not sure why I am even asking ;)

PProbably better than a back 2 1/4 dismount, which is what he did last night...sigh. Seems ok today though

Thanks. Pretty sure D will be a 10 next year, and he doesn't have one yet...so not sure why I am even asking ;)

PProbably better than a back 2 1/4 dismount, which is what he did last night...sigh. Seems ok today though

Ouch! That's how E got his concussion in January.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back