Off Topic Lake Owen Camp Closed???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A very strong rumour is that the owners sold. It seems that staff are sad, as are future campers. Question is, will it reopen under new management, or is the camp closed for good?

Really sad to here this.
I was looking into Woodward for this summer and Lake Owen seemed like a more personal touch verse Woodward PA.
Then I saw it was closing.

A friend worked there last summer and said it was the best summer of her life!!

Yes...I went to Lake Owen last year. It is an excellent camp with a very personal touch. The Jones family and thier staff are second to none.

Oh no! My dd has been begging to go for the last two years and we finally are in a position that we could send her this summer:(

It would be a bummer if they were closing, that's really the only big gym camp serving the middle part of the country. It has seemed that the Woodward camps have been focusing their attention on the skateboarding/extreme sport stuff in recent years, I wonder if that has anything to do with the potential closing/changes?

My girls have both been there and loved it. And I have heard from a few people that it's definitely closing. Too bad--it's was the only camp like that around here!

Got a letter from Lake Owen formally announcing the closing...too bad...such a fun place.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back