Lake Owen Camp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

<3GymGirl<3

Gymnast
Anyone here ever been to Lake Owen? If yes, tell me EVERYTHING* you know about it. I might be going there this summer and I always like to be prepared. :)

*Everthing includes: what the food, cabins, gym, and instructors are like? Are the girls at about age 13 in higher levels like 7 and 8 or lower? Did you wear a leo under your clothes most of the time? what you packed? And anything and everything else I forgot.
P.S please give details

Thanx!!!!!!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Chalkbucket. I edited your posts title to remove all of those question marks, only one is needed to show you need help. More than that just hurts my eyes.

My gymmie has gone for 3 summers. Most of the coaches are from club gyms or colleges. She never has had a problem getting help with skills she wanted to work on---most were L8-9 skills. She has always felt some of these coaches are the best spotters she's ever worked with.
Reports on food was it was good with a pretty nice selection. There is a camp store where you can buy snacks and she always packed some too.
You check in on Sunday afternoon and get settled in your dorm/cabin. You will be put with other teens. Later in the afternoon you go to the gym and do a skills test and that determines your practice group.
I don't think she has worn her leo all day. Seems like they would change into shorts/clothes appropriate to weather after the morning practice and then change back into the leo for the evening practice. There is open gym every afternoon and its up to you if you want to take advantage of it.
Certainly pack 5-6 leos, shorts, t-shirts, warm up pants and 1 hoodie. As you get closer to the actual date you're going to be there, you can adjust the packing based on the weather predictions. Make sure you take a bathing suit, towel etc for fun in the lake.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back