last minute injury recovery

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bgcmom109

Crap! DD had her big toenail almost entirely ripped off at practice today from an unfriendly door at the gym... spent the aft at the hospital emergency, now she's had it drained & sporting a cast-boot.:eek: She's really hoping she'll be OK to compete at least one event for Gymnix on Thursday, though her strongest event is FX... She really needs some good wishes sent her way!

yeah, doors are evil! i accidentally opened a door on this littler kid and the door went right over the first part of her foor, but it cut it about in the middle! I felt really bad. Luckily it wasn't anything too serious like you've got going on. :(

Oh my goodness, that must've been horribly painful. Sending her all our best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope she likes bars!

Sending a speedy recovery.Poor thing.That must have hurt so much.I think my daughters toenail will be falling off soon because she keeps stepping on it on her beam dismount and it keeps bruising more and more.Ouch.

Oh dear, that's dreadful. Your poor little girl. I wish her a speedy recovery.

When Rayna got her boot, they tried to make me feel better at the hospital, by saying she can use it for the next time she gets hurt at gym...NOT reassuring to a parent!

Good luck to her at Gymnix

So sorry to hear about the injury, and ouch. It is so strange that so many of the injuries seem to happen in the oddest ways!

All Illinois Good Luck Fairies on their way!

Thank You, all. It is a very nasty injury - she is a trooper and moving around much better today, trained & conditioned a bit tonight. We are off to Gymnix tomorrow, her flight is Thursday and hoping she will feel up to a bars dismount so she can at least compete that :goodvibes:. meanwhile we have a month to Ontario Cup so hoping the nail will be off by then...for now we have to make sure it stays on!

Good luck to everybody else who has a meet this weekend!!!

Wow! That's horrible. I hope that she recovers really quickly. Just the your description was bad enough for me. I feel so bad for her!

well we're back - DD did manage to compete bars (though she had to take some stuff out). She had the biggest grin on her face when she emerged with her grips on, and stuck the dismount despite obvious pain so she was happy. (I was also happy the bandage held & she didn't get any blood on those pretty gymnova mats!):D

Highlight of the weekend for her was probaly getting to meet/take pic's & autographs with the US Junior team at the hotel one night...

hope everybody had a great weekend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back