WAG Last Minute Level Downgrade

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What do you mean who’s complaining. Didn’t you go on a whole thread about 6 months ago saying my daughter was sandbagging thinking the heals her back. Wasn’t you the one saying she should have just skipped 7 and went straight to 8 because of her scores not knowing she just came from level 6 and only been doing gymnastics for three years.

if it was a different person then I apologize but someone on here (I think it was you) was doing a whole lot of complaining

This post is gotten far enough off track. I'm not going to argue with you here. You want to carry that argument on start a new thread.

My daughters gym we prob pay close to the highest of all the gyms in the country. Ain’t no way I’m doing it if ....... she wasn't getting to that podium
As there are only 3-5 spots on a podium, there would be hardly anyone to compete with if everyone thought that way.

And many girls would miss out on so many life lessons and skills, friendships and strength both mental and physical.....

Again how sad for the kids who gets shutdown because they don't get 36s. Or are missing a specific skill when there are options. Because its call optionals. Either by parents or coaches.

As there are only 3-5 spots on a podium, there would be hardly anyone to compete with if everyone thought that way.

And many girls would miss out on so many life lessons and skills, and strength both mental and physical.....

Again how sad for the kids who gets shutdown because they don't get 36s. Either by parents or coaches.
Life lesson is try your hardest and practice how you compete. You win some you lose some. It’s not about getting shut down it’s the truth some kids have different goals, my daughters gym isn’t a playful everyone gets a participation trophy type of gym

my daughters gym isn’t a playful everyone gets a participation trophy type of gym

Another one with the everyone gets a participation trophy type gym nonsense. That cr#p ends at like level 3.

Any kid who makes it to JO optionals and can regularly score 34-36s or even 32-33s.... Those kids know full well they aren't getting participation medals. And are not just playing around. They are doing, saltos on a 4 inch beam, Giants, pirouettes and bar releases, double backs..... and more.... Thats not playing..................... They show up, work hard and keep coming back knowing full well they won't be getting medals on regular basis. And they keep at it. That takes a special strength of character, perseverance and resilience.

Freaking Bravo to everyone of them.

whay are You talking about. They do that for the love of the sport the kids that love gymnastics, they don’t care if they get a medal because they’re having fun and loving the sport. Nobody said they wasn’t trying trying ma’am you trying to switch it up to get the whole CB gang mad at me lol.

I said I wasn’t paying this type of money for my daughter to average 34. If she still wanted to be in the sport I would accept the fact she’s not on that level and that’s not her goal in this sport. So let’s switch gyms and have fun with the sport

Man, this thread has me baffled. I believe with some posters saying not everything is a red flag and the flip side that a gym should work with a kid to help their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. I also know there are other factors like skills building off one another and time left in the sport that I would hope a good gym would look at when making INDIVIDUAL decisions for gymnasts. Everyone's track, goals, time left in the sport are different. The poster going on about a 36, making podium sounds so harsh. I've tried to go back and read it again and again. I think I understand what he's trying to make (though it doesn't come off very nice and kinda sounds like 98% of JO Optional gymnasts should just give up). We all have an expectation of our gymnast. I personally expect my kid to go to the gym and train hard. I think training and work ethic has absolutely NOTHING to do with her results. Would I pull her from her gym if she wasn't making podium or scoring incredibly high scores - NO because after this many years in the sport, I will give her as much as I can because she has proven to her father and I that she is giving it all that she can. Not to mention, we see as she's maturing into a young adult what she has learned from this sport. I think the other poster obviously has his daughter at a gym that I would imagine only takes those athletes they feel has Elite and/or NCAA Top 10 school, full scholarship athletes. Outside of that, the expectation seems unreasonably high and also I imagine it's why his costs are so high (less gymnasts there to pay the bills). I just hope the girls that hit some sort of road block (injury, growth/puberty issues, mental blocks) don't walk away from that gym feeling nothing more than a shamed, not good enough athlete. If the goal of JO was to be top 3, there wouldn't be much of a sport and the price would be insane.

I believe gymnastics is a fun sport for everyone, and everyone has different goals in their gymnastics journey. But some kids take it VERY seriously and gets mad when they don’t score a 9.5 or higher and some are happy with a 8.8-9. Different roads for different kids

Holy cow. If a kid doesn't score 9.5 she's not taking the sport seriously? Trust me, I know some kids who score in the 8s who take the sport far more seriously than others who score 9.5s. And kids should be allowed (and encouraged) to exhibit poor sportsmanship if they don't score 9.5+? I don't even know where to start.

Parental attitudes like this are why I absolutely detest watching meets. The nasty comments on my kid's weak events when she's coming off an injury--oh, why is that kid even allowed to compete? And then the apoplexy when she beats their kids on her strong events and sometimes even at AA.

Holy cow. If a kid doesn't score 9.5 she's not taking the sport seriously? Trust me, I know some kids who score in the 8s who take the sport far more seriously than others who score 9.5s. And kids should be allowed (and encouraged) to exhibit poor sportsmanship if they don't score 9.5+? I don't even know where to start.

Parental attitudes like this are why I absolutely detest watching meets. The nasty comments on my kid's weak events when she's coming off an injury--oh, why is that kid even allowed to compete? And then the apoplexy when she beats their kids on her strong events and sometimes even at AA.
Lol man yall really go left sometime in here. I never said kids don’t take it seriously I said everyone has a different goal.

Some girls get mad when they don’t get a 9.5 or better and some are happy with a 8.8. How the hell is that me saying kids don’t take it serious. Man yall a trip but whatever

I said I wasn’t paying this type of money for my daughter to average 34. If she still wanted to be in the sport I would accept the fact she’s not on that level and that’s not her goal in this sport. So let’s switch gyms and have fun with the sport
Please quote what you’re responding to, it was very confusing trying to read through your posts and know what you were referring to.

stop getting your personal issues in on this. I don’t know you or your daughter being injured.

I judged a meet once where a gymnast scored a 9.9 on vault. Only her mom clapped. Her teammates didn’t cheer, the crowd barely reacted, the gymnast looked bored. I couldn’t understand it. Later, another gymnast scored an 8.6. She screamed, jumped up and down, started to cry; her coach ran over and picked her up and swung her around; her mom jumped up squealing, clapping, hoo-hooing; her teammates gathered around her clapping and hugging; they took a picture in front of the scoreboard; the y were all so happy! Guess which gym I’d rather have my daughter train?

I judged a meet once where a gymnast scored a 9.9 on vault. Only her mom clapped. Her teammates didn’t cheer, the crowd barely reacted, the gymnast looked bored. I couldn’t understand it. Later, another gymnast scored an 8.6. She screamed, jumped up and down, started to cry; her coach ran over and picked her up and swung her around; her mom jumped up squealing, clapping, hoo-hooing; her teammates gathered around her clapping and hugging; they took a picture in front of the scoreboard; the y were all so happy! Guess which gym I’d rather have my daughter train?

well at my daughter current gym they cheer for everything they do (Coaches, parents, and other gymnast.) now I’ve seen in plenty of meets where the kids are really happy with their 8 something score then when it’s medal time they start crying. I also seen on this forum parents get mad when girls get a high 9 score because they feel whatever way they feel. It all goes hand in hand, can’t please everyone and it will be something wrong with something

I still can’t see how some of you try and call me out about My gym My thoughts My daughter. It’s a reason why a lot of people in this forum don’t really speak their minds. Some of you really are here to help and give advice when there’s a lot of you who really SEEM jealous. But it is what it is

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back