Parents Last minute Woodward camp question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momto2js

Proud Parent
I have the opportunity to be a camp parent at t the last minute at Woodward next week. There is room for 7 YO level 5 DS. We would need to leave in 3 days so I dont have much time. I think he will love it. Anyone ever go as a camp parent?? Is it nuts to try to do this last minute?

I went - it was fun. We had a blast! My dd and I really bonded and I am so glad I went. I was a cabin mom in her cabin. Just prepare to be sheltered. There is nothing there - but it is beautiful. Definitely do it, but pack a lot of clothing because the weather can change in an instant and you will be there 9 days with no laundry facilities.

A few moms from our gym did it earlier this summer. While they thought it was OK, I'm not sure any would do it again.

You will not get to spend a lot of time with your child. You will be sleeping in cabins on bunks with the kids. You'll be eating the cafeteria food (which doesn't look too terrible).

Do you know what job openings they have? The bunk moms room in with the little kids. They have to take them to and from their activities, help them with the cafeteria, deal with homesickness, and basically be "mom" for up to 20 little kids in your cabin. If you don't love kids, probably a tough job.

One mom was a "driver." She had to pick up people at the airport. She also had to transport kids to the hospital and stay with them. One time she was there until 2 AM and then had to be up and available to drive again at 8 AM.

It is a LONG week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back