WAG Later ankle ligament reconstructive surgery

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
First of, I am not asking for medical advice. I am interested in hearing what anyone knows, if any, of the procedure above; either using an artifical ligament, a cadaver ligament or fibertape. I can go into more detail if anyone has personal experience or their daughter has had this procedure done and can share their knowledge. Thanks.

Just noticed thread title. Lateral not later. Haha. Can’t tell if that is auto correct or my own omission.
Hi. My daughter had her ATFL and CFL reconstructed with a modified Brostrum Gould procedure in Oct 2017 with excellent results. She was casted for 2 weeks post op and non weight bearing. She was then put in a walking boot for 6 weeks. PT started as soon as she was in a boot. 12 weeks post op she was cleared to progress as tolerated in the gym. In March she competed. It was not a great competition for her but it brought a smile to her face to be out there with her friends. Overall it was the best thing for her to do the repair after many ankle sprains. As a note, her growth plates were closed at the time of the procedure. I believe that was a requirement to be eligible for that repair. Good luck. Ankles are tricky and frustrating.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back