WAG Laurie Hernandez and Ashton Locklear problems?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think another thing that needs to be considered is the lack or regular camps. The exposure to fellow girls going through the same challenges certainly lead to a better understanding of one another.

Honestly I think looking at the WAG and MAG teams in Doha right now, there is great team spirit going on. They are communicating, laughing and working well together. There seems to be none of the Marta stare down stuff going on, and Simone commented "i'm shook", when they were allowed to go watch MAG training. I think on the ground with Tom F. and the coaches it is actually going pretty great. USAG management, on the other hand, is a total dumpster fire.

I have known for years that Ashton was a bully, leaked from nat team camp no less, she would ostracize girls she did not consider cool etc etc. So is there stuff going on with her, sometimes people just are not team players. Sometimes people are bullies. It is what it is.

I agree that not everyone is going to be on the same page and that some people just aren’t going to fall into a team member roll.
I don’t think the camps need to be in the style of Marta by any means. I like Tom and the way he is running things. I feel that that can’t hurt in building relationships among the girls. I think part of what we’re seeing in Doha with the team coming together is them having spent some time together now.

Does social media expose more problems or does it create more problems? I think the answer could be both.

It does seem like Ashton is an instigator. Bullying in the national team and under investigation by safe sport and run out of Everest. Hope she doesn’t have a negative effect on Simone. Who you hang out with does influence you. I just wish Ashton would move on from the sport.

Does social media expose more problems or does it create more problems? I think the answer could be both.

It does seem like Ashton is an instigator. Bullying in the national team and under investigation by safe sport and run out of Everest. Hope she doesn’t have a negative effect on Simone. Who you hang out with does influence you. I just wish Ashton would move on from the sport.

Why is Laurie getting rolled out as an ambassador now? She seems to suddenly be everywhere. Does she even gymnastic anymore?

Why is Laurie getting rolled out as an ambassador now? She seems to suddenly be everywhere. Does she even gymnastic anymore?

She is apparently training at Gym Max and has been doing a book tour, moving "towards worlds next year and the olympics". I think these are reasons she is all over the place. Will she make a come back, hard to say, but I remember Nastia thinking a come back would be easier than it was. Getting in shape after two years away from the gym is one thing, regaining skills and competitive edge is another. She would need to be ready to compete by classics.

She is apparently training at Gym Max and has been doing a book tour, moving "towards worlds next year and the olympics". I think these are reasons she is all over the place. Will she make a come back, hard to say, but I remember Nastia thinking a come back would be easier than it was. Getting in shape after two years away from the gym is one thing, regaining skills and competitive edge is another. She would need to be ready to compete by classics.

We shall see. I want to love her, but it's hard.

It must be very difficult to juggle the demands of being a "pro" (meaning your income is reliant on appearances and books and generally being in the spotlight) and also the demands of elite level gymnastics training. I can see why she might be all over the place. Time will tell if she's able to balance it all.

I may be way off base but did Laurie ever come out at all on the Nasser abuse? It seems weird that USAG picked the only gymnast that didn't come out with words against them. No knocks on her but it seems punitive on the others.

I may be way off base but did Laurie ever come out at all on the Nasser abuse? It seems weird that USAG picked the only gymnast that didn't come out with words against them. No knocks on her but it seems punitive on the others.
She's not the only one. There are many who said nothing because nothing happened to them.

She's not the only one. There are many who said nothing because nothing happened to them.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I think she is the only one from the last Olympic group. Not that it means anything, just thought it was weird that Aly or Simone was not asked to do this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back