WAG Lay out step out on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I’ve been practicing my lay out step out on the beam for a while but I find they are often inconsistant and can sometimes be heavy. I try going up onto a pano sometimes but what can I do to help improve these and bring them up to the high beam? I’ve been in this boat for a while and I need to make a change.

What great drills! I showed these to my dd who has also been working on this series for a very long time.

Thank you @JBS for giving the OP some practical advice. When our girls work on upgrades during their beam rotation, drills like these can be done independently while the coach works with others. It also allows the gymnast to take some ownership of their training especially when they get to the upper levels.

When our girls work on upgrades during their beam rotation, drills like these can be done independently while the coach works with others. It also allows the gymnast to take some ownership of their training especially when they get to the upper levels.

Yes... exactly. Here's a couple more...

This one says straight legs and position... but it's good for height too... just keep making the block taller...

Thanks so much for the awesome drills and tips! I will definitely look into using more drills for my backhand spring step out lay step out instead of just doing the skill.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back