Parents Leaving a gym and intending to return?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Reading your comments it seems you want your daughter happy, wonderful. I possibly get the impression you want her to move but are worried the new gym is not the caliber of the current gym. I think @suebee hit on some valid points. If the elite track gymnasts have a different set of coaches then the track your DD is on and the elite track may never come together. My suggestion is you take her where you think she will be happy and what gym fits her best. You have to decide she is too young to be able to see consequences and how they affect the future. I know it is hard DD changed gyms. The thought of changing kept me awake for months. I knew it was time and it took too long for me to move her. For some perspective, my DD is 11 and doing well but if she were to decide she wanted more if she wanted that elite track I would not hesitate to move her asap.

Oh just for the record I in no way want or think she's on an elite track. !! But if she's going to be spending a billion hours doing a sport she lives I just want to give her the best chance to go as far as she can. I stopped reading when you said elite and had to clarify.

I posted here recently that my daughter has the choice to repeat preteam at her current gym, which we love, or move to another gym in our area where she could join their team and start competing. I was on board to stay but they've just let us know there will be a bunch of program and coaching changes on the pre team and now I have no confidence that it's still the best place for her. While I don't love the other gym, I feel for the next year or two it would be a better option than keeping her where she is, given these changes. In a nutshell they are reducing hours, and I really really don't love the coach.

The problem is we love our current gym, they have a great team program, produce elite gymnasts, etc, so my dream scenario would be to move back in a year or two once she can make the team. Is that a crazy idea? Would they never take us back? Should we just put up with the changes and coach and accept that it'll be a not great year? Just writing that makes me not want to keep her where it won't be great for her. She desperately wants to compete but that's not a huge factor for me (but it is for her, lol).

Any advice?
I think its just tacky

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back